JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing I thought of, is hotels in popular spring break areas will not rent rooms to people under 25 or 30 anymore, on specific date ranges, and for good reason. Same thing with Car rental agencies. I'm wondering how those work.

[SNIP]
The district manager is a real piece of work, prolly has nudie pictures of Bloody Kate above her bed!
Thanks, I needed that. :confused:

index.jpg
innsdxzdex.jpg

I can really paint you a picture, take the nicest female figure you can imagine, greatest pair of legs, and other features, then add bloody Kate's head with a butch cut read hair and virginity glasses, that's her!

One thing I thought of, is hotels in popular spring break areas will not rent rooms to people under 25 or 30 anymore, on specific date ranges, and for good reason. Same thing with Car rental agencies. I'm wondering how those work.
I'd think that this being laid out in Federal and state statutes would be the difference. If the feds, state or local municipalities enacted a law saying that rooms or cars shall be rented to 18's or older than it seems that they would have to abide by it.

"Provided that federal law and the laws of both the dealer`s and purchaser`s states and localities are complied with:

An individual 18 years of age or older may purchase a rifle or shotgun from a federally licensed dealer in any state.
An individual 21 years of age or older may acquire a handgun from a dealer federally licensed to sell firearms in the individual`s state of residence."

I can really paint you a picture, take the nicest female figure you can imagine, greatest pair of legs, and other features, then add bloody Kate's head with a butch cut read hair and virginity glasses, that's her!
You are seriously not funny...

That conjures up visions of Selma Hayek's body in From Dusk til Dawn... Coupled with the muffin munchers head...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

That right there could cause erectile dysfunction :eek:

Just heard on the radio that he tried to buy them 4 days before the official announcement by Prick's Sporting Goods. Sounds like age discrimination to me, among other things

that did surprise me, in that he is apparently just a regular old 20 year old who wanted a .22... not someone looking to start a controversy like some of those open carry AR folks.

Just heard on the radio that he tried to buy them 4 days before the official announcement by Prick's Sporting Goods. Sounds like age discrimination to me, among other things
Wouldn't matter what the stores "official Policy is" on this is, it carries no weight of law in OryGun, and open up a big azz can of verms!:)

You guys are just going to drive good guys out of the gun business......next Oregon will ban mail order ammo in the state (like California already has) and you will be crying about no place to buy it.........by your own hand. In California, the restrictions and laws have become so bad that few pawn shops sell guns any more. Some will only sell them on line out of state. These are the kind of actions that drive that kind of thing. The little profit made in gun sales isn't worth the hassle........it is mostly done by these stores as a courtesy and to get buyers into the store to buy other goods. You are shooting yourself in the foot while making a slimy lawyer rich.

Last Edited:
You people are no different than any of the other people on the other side. Dont sue, just by your bubblegum some where else. All you do is make attorneys rich and they are a bigger part of the problem.

With respects, the issues with Dicks isn' that big a deal as far as guns and ammo ( or any thing else) as they have been a non player since the beginning! No one buys shooting related stuff because Dicks has refused to stock any thing or to try and compete! Things went down hill big time when Sportsmans and Fisherman's built new stores, and them Cabelas built two stores in OryGun! All tha combined with Dicks business model just about guaranteed they would fail in the sporting goods market! They are nothing more then a predatory retailer who cater to the soccer mom' and golf snobs ( and not very well at that) and they saturated the area with stores formerly held by a real sporting goods retailer! They brought all this on them selves, and they now get to reap what they sewed! Burn in He'll says me, the P.N.W. will be better off for it!

Age based discrimination, plain and simple. They would be hard pressed to be able to win this one if the law is actually considered. If no other "valid" reasons would have prevented this 20 year old from buying the gun and Dicks makes the decision not to sell to him due to his age (even though by state and Federal law he is legally able to, age based discrimination plain and simple.

If a baker can get put out of business because they don't want to bake a gay wedding cake, this type of age based discrimination (federally prohibited to discriminate based on age) won't pass the test. This guy will probably be able to fill a room with all the things he could buy after this is over.
******************************************************************************We will have to see if they settle out of court and if they don't, we will need to hope his attorney picks a good jury.

Freddies is run by Krogers now. Lucky you can get guns at all there. They wouldnt think twice about pulling the whole product line if push comes to shove.

Most of the Fred's have not had guns as long as I lived here. I only found out any of them did a few years ago. Stopped at the one in Puyallup since I was there working. Saw a Ruger banner so of course headed that way and was shocked to see handguns and Black Rifles. All the stores here in town had never had any kind of guns and had long stopped selling even ammo. I would have more respect for the Company if they did just drop guns and ammo altogether, rather than coming up with BS "feel good" rules.

Hey now. I've nought a lot of guns there. On sale with the huge discounts I get I can walk out the door paying less than they did.

You guys are just going to drive good guys out of the gun business......next Oregon will ban mail order ammo in the state (like California already has) and you will be crying about no place to buy it.........by your own hand. In California, the restrictions and laws have become so bad that few pawn shops sell guns any more. Some will only sell them on line out of state. These are the kind of actions that drive that kind of thing. The little profit made in gun sales isn't worth the hassle........it is mostly done by these stores as a courtesy and to get buyers into the store to buy other goods. You are shooting yourself in the foot while making a slimy lawyer rich.

For every big box store that stops selling guns the business just goes to another shop. The people buying guns are not going to just not buy if Fred's stops selling them. When the big box stores like Wally started showing up MANY gun people where trying to get everyone to not buy from them since they were hurting the little guys. Now the "little guys" will get the business back. So how is this going to lead to new laws???
As for ammo many are too young to remember that none of us could order ammo not that long ago. One of the few gun laws that ever went away. I was shocked when they let us common folk start buying it this way. States that now do away with ordering ammo again have nothing to do with gun owners not wanting to shop at Wally or Fred's. Those laws, like all gun laws, are squarely in the lap of gun owners who vote into office anti gun leftist. The constant "we need to compromise with common sense gun laws" garbage.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Back Top