JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do we know which Dicks store this was? Might be able to dig out a little insider info on this from one of the "Old Timers" former Joe's prostaff! That might be useful info to Have!

which store ? I have a feeling Dick only has one store in medford
upload_2018-3-6_20-3-43.png

I'd like to know if he was intending to actually buy a gun and would have dropped his dime if allowed.
If so, I'm behind him 100 %
If not, he would not honorable in my mind.

I would honorably like to agree with you but in this case I dont. Simply because of past litigation and what "we've" become.....If they're gonna do it, why shouldnt we????

I simply woulda gone to another bakery, but they didnt. It opened up a door for future litigation. I agree, he shoulda went somewhere else, LGS for example, but its as big enough issue at this point as cakes.......just sayn

Last Edited:
AND its been said this was done like 3-4 days BEFORE they came out with their official announcement of age discrimination....

lawyer guy ask for help, two days, another two days, it was all over the news. when I saw the headlines ? this is the 3 day.
So, it's more like the "lawyer" filed. 4 days after those store hung up there sign.

which is in the same time frame that " The Lawyer" showed up here

Last Edited:
I'd like that too, but I don't have the resources to do it. I've hoped for a long time we could find some wealthy folks who strongly support the 2nd that would be willing to get political like the anti's do. Unfortunately, I think most of them are more concerned with their business and making money rather than throwing it at activism.

We don't have any political power in this state right now. I don't know how to change that. But it's obvious that every new law that comes up (whether related to guns or not) and is made an emergency passes, every single damn time, with no one with the power or votes to stop it.

I wish I knew the magic answer about changing that, but I'm just as lost for a real answer as everyone else.
If I weren't as old as I am, I'd move out of state to a gun friendly state. Oregon is on a downhill slide for Freedoms. I do not see it getting any better....ever!

So the above quoted federal code states local govs can set higher limits for firearms (note the wording for ammo is absent). So shouldn't someone with the State of Oregon be prosecuting Dicks and Wal-Mart like they did the bakers? Otherwise there is an equal protection issue.

I think......that the COURTS and that includes the SCOTUS would rather hear a case about gay rights vs. gun rights. As for the State of OR's AG.....we will see where they stand.

But truthfully.....I don't expect much.

Aloha, Mark

You obviously don't understand busisness. Competition lowers prices, less competition, higher prices......it is as simple as that. That 225.00 10/22 is priced to compete with the sub 200.00 Bimart gun. Without Bimart that one will be closer to list. Discounters that are aggressive in any market set the pace......without them everything goes up everywhere. Bimart can afford to sell at or even below cost betting that while you are in the store, you will also buy other high profit items.....and we do. A small shop can not do that.
I'm pretty sure Bi-Mart has less influence over market inflation than you would assume, same goes to Dick's. Particularly when it comes to anything guns. Gun owners are a crowd that typically like to buy from gun stores and places where they feel less stereotyped. I never liked buying a box of ammo next to mom bringing Jimmy through the checkout line for new soccer cleats. When all else fails, there's the internet. Haven't seen any local Sporting Goods stores beating out any internet prices lately. Definitely not on selection.

You guys are just going to drive good guys out of the gun business......next Oregon will ban mail order ammo in the state (like California already has) and you will be crying about no place to buy it.........by your own hand. In California, the restrictions and laws have become so bad that few pawn shops sell guns any more. Some will only sell them on line out of state. These are the kind of actions that drive that kind of thing. The little profit made in gun sales isn't worth the hassle........it is mostly done by these stores as a courtesy and to get buyers into the store to buy other goods. You are shooting yourself in the foot while making a slimy lawyer rich.

I'm sure (OK, maybe I shouldn't assume) that you've heard of....

"Incremental Creep"

Haven't you noticed that it's already happening? The LEFT knows how to boil a frog.

Frog_boiling.jpg

Problem is......a lot of folks haven't discovered that it ain't "hot spa water" that they're in.:eek:

YES, businesses can make their own decisions of what they want to sell (as long as it's legal).

++++++++++++++++

People (well, some anyway) don't call this THE LEFT COAST for nothing. LOL....I use to think that OR and WA held hope.....from CA.

++++++++++++++++

THEN.....
I generally don't like to JUDGE a store's politics by their refusal to sell or by an inclusion of certain products at their stores. Though, it has become the "cause of the moment." So, they're jumping on the band wagon. Taking advantage of the FREE PRESS.

IMHO.....if they wanted to send a political message.....then say so. Don't whimp out and say that they are taking this position, while not taking a "political position." Yeah, Rrrrright. So YES....Dick's, Wal Mart, and Freddie has done so. All while, hiding behind.......
Do_it_for_the_kids.jpg

News Flash! An 18 year old ain't a kid. And, they have rights as adults.

I see their message as.....
It's alright that we discriminate against Americans. And, although an 18-20 year old can die for this country, we love making profits (it's what we do). This company doesn't want to, or need to, support the young adults who might end up fighting and dying for us (Corporate America).

Yup, while allowing them to continue to make their profits.* Wow.....how UN-AMERICAN. Shame, shame, shame......

Aloha, Mark

*This age discrimination law suit. Well, they probably saw it coming (or should have). They wanted the attention.....the free press.....well, they got it now.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR