JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Freddies is run by Krogers now. Lucky you can get guns at all there. They wouldnt think twice about pulling the whole product line if push comes to shove.

do they not have the right to refuse service to anyone?
Not based on on things like race, sex and age. This is really the same situation as the cake/bakery case. Except in that case the shop owners were claiming it violated their religious freedoms. In this case, Dick's and Walmart don't really have anything like that to stand on. I'm very curious what their actual defense is going to be.

Really hoping this case gets bigger and he wins big. If there's any way we as a community can support him, I believe we should. This is a great example of the hypocrisy of the leftists.

Good point TinyCrumb, those are protected. I hope he wore shoes and a shirt to the store, otherwise it doesn't seem like there's anything else to justify their decision.

Twenty year old Tyler Watson filed suit over Dick's and Walmart's policy of limiting legal gun persons to those 21 and older. This is according "Bearing Arms" website. My opinion: sad day when a young man wants to do something that is legal and is denied his rights. Oregon is the State that will punish a bakery owner and his wife for declining to make a wedding cake. The family lost their business and had to pay the State $135,000 for refusing a cake for an event that was not legal in Oregon at the time. The bakers choice was to stand for his families principles and faith. Go figure.

20-Year-Old Sues Dick's, Walmart Over Gun Sale Policy

Freddies is run by Krogers now. Lucky you can get guns at all there. They wouldnt think twice about pulling the whole product line if push comes to shove.
True that. They stopped years ago and then started up again.

They also give 10% off for Seniors, the first Tuesday of the month.

I'm confident Dick's and Walmart don't need legal help lol. Their legal departments are huge with deep pockets. Walmart is practically a big bank in relation to Federal retail policy.

They didn't make this decision on a whim or without counsel. Which is why I'm curious what their actual defense will be.

all any store has to do, is say the customer was being rude . What is being rude?
No. That's not how it works. That's not how it worked in the cake case.

These stores are not claiming this customer was rude. (Therefore it doesn't matter whether he was or not). They're purposely stating that the reason they will not sell him their goods is because he's too young, i.e., discriminating against him based on his age.

Last Edited:
No. That's not how it works. That's not how it worked in the cake case.

Freddies is Run by Kroger. My wife has worked there for a long time since before the Kroger acquisition. Kroger would pull the plug on guns in a New York second. So yes, that is how it works.

I'm wishing Mr Watson luck in this, but don't see a decision in his favor unless it gets to the Supreme Court. Oregon courts are a biased joke, and the 9th would never give him a win.

I suspect a patented "OREGON LEGISLATIVE EMERGENCY!!!" in response now that there is a gun grabbing supermajority in both Oregon houses thanks to a few key Republican traiturds joining up.

Freddies is Run by Kroger. My wife has worked there for a long time since before the Kroger acquisition. Kroger would pull the plug on guns in a New York second. So yes, that is how it works.
Sorry, I posted the wrong quote. I was trying to respond to the individual who made the comment about "all it takes is being rude". I just edited my post to try to correct the quote.

I'm wishing Mr Watson luck in this, but don't see a decision in his favor unless it gets to the Supreme Court. Oregon courts are a biased joke, and the 9th would never give him a win.

I suspect a patented "OREGON LEGISLATIVE EMERGENCY!!!" in response now that there is a gun grabbing supermajority in both Oregon houses thanks to a few key Republican traiturds joining up.

I was thinking the same thing. All it takes is a new state law that changes the purchase age and this court case is over - unless they want to sue the state for age discrimination, and I suspect that is dead before it even starts.

I was thinking the same thing. All it takes is a new state law that changes the purchase age and this court case is over - unless they want to sue the state for age discrimination, and I suspect that is dead before it even starts.

I don't think they will restrict the counter legislation and just make a change to legal age. I expect them to use it as an opportunity to bundle a bunch of things in since the masses have been conditioned to support raising the legal age. I'm thinking AWB, magazines, pistol grips and anything scary looking. The only question is how far they will go now that they have carte blanche given to them by uninformed voters.

I don't think they will restrict the counter legislation and just make a change to legal age. I expect them to use it as an opportunity to bundle a bunch of things in since the masses have been conditioned to support raising the legal age. I'm thinking AWB, magazines, pistol grips and anything scary looking. The only question is how far they will go now that they have carte blanche given to them by uninformed voters.

I still don't think a new AWB can gain enough support on the national level - the Dems got smacked, hard, over the '94 AWB, and I'm sure they remember that lesson well. While times have changed a bit since then, more people are buying guns than ever. In fact, more people are buying AR's, etc. than they were back then. I think it's mostly posturing to appease the most extreme of their voting base - but they all know - even the Democrats, especially in the south, that you don't mess with their guns - at least not at the level of an AWB.

Bump stocks, I'm sure will be gone very soon, just waiting for the official announcement. And I do expect a number of states that haven't already done so to go after standard "high" capacity magazines, though we already know from places like Los Angeles county that it's virtually impossible to actually enforce such a ban except to charge people after a crime has already been committed.

I'm cautiously hopeful that the latest shooting has proven something to those on the fence - more laws wouldn't have prevented the shooting in Florida - particularly because the government, who would be tasked with enforcing any new laws, can't seem to enforce the ones we already have - even when the bad guy is handed to them on a silver platter. Anti's keep promising new laws will make us safe, yet time after time, they're proven to be blowing smoke up everyone's azzes.

I know it's not popular to be optimistic about a shift our direction, but I'm willing to hold out that hope myself.

I'm looking at other bellwether indicators that maybe, just maybe, Americans have had enough of the ultra-leftist BS. The Oscars, for example, people are so tired of the political BS and posturing that they tuned out in record numbers this past weekend. The NFL certainly felt the heat for their anti-American players disrespecting the country and the flag - and now I just heard today that the Miami Dolphins have announced all players will stand for the anthem. I wonder why? Getting their backsides financially bashed in over some whiny-azz players kneeling when they should be standing? The NFL chose the wrong side, and I think they know it.

Those are just 2 examples. I'm seeing others. Just one more example is the growth in homeschooling has exploded in the past decade. People don't want their kids indoctrinated in the public schools.

I'm just watching and waiting, but I have a real hope that this is just the beginning of a turn of the tide. I could be completely wrong, but I'm hoping.

I sure wish someone would sue the State, and Kate Brown, over these atrocious violations of our rights to self defense.
Brown said just yesterday, when signing that new law, that this was just another step in the right direction on gun laws.

I sure wish someone would sue the State, and Kate Brown, over these atrocious violations of our rights to self defense.
Brown said just yesterday, when signing that new law, that this was just another step in the right direction on gun laws.

I'd like that too, but I don't have the resources to do it. I've hoped for a long time we could find some wealthy folks who strongly support the 2nd that would be willing to get political like the anti's do. Unfortunately, I think most of them are more concerned with their business and making money rather than throwing it at activism.

We don't have any political power in this state right now. I don't know how to change that. But it's obvious that every new law that comes up (whether related to guns or not) and is made an emergency passes, every single damn time, with no one with the power or votes to stop it.

I wish I knew the magic answer about changing that, but I'm just as lost for a real answer as everyone else.

I'm wishing Mr Watson luck in this, but don't see a decision in his favor unless it gets to the Supreme Court. Oregon courts are a biased joke, and the 9th would never give him a

The courts will be forced to rule in the Kids favor, despite the ultra left lean, the suit was filed prior to any legal manoverings the State may try, so it will stand if nothing else as a pre emptive against the State! This was a huge proactive move against the offending company, one which the State can do nothing about! And There is much more to this then folks realise, time for a win on our side, and stick it to the State!:)

I recommnd taking this to the next level and filing a civil suit against the CEO, the V.P, and the district manager, a real He-Woman Man Hater. Stick it to the Big Dicks them selves and make them feel it personally!:D:eek::oops:
The district manager is a real piece of work, prolly has nudie pictures of Bloody Kate above her bed! This likely came down from the V.P. a really big bubblegums, and a very anti gun idiot who thinks he is God's gift to outdoor sports, the type to give himself awards for his gretness!:mad:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads