JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pulling the hammer back and doing the grab the slide with the off hand and pushing forward with the grip in the strong hand actually worked on my Ruger even though it wasnt easy or "normal" feeling. The right one is out there, just haven't found it yet. Going to look into the reduced spring weight.
She does love her revolvers and that is an option.
Will look at the M&P also but it will require a trip to the Cerekote shop for a beautification process according to her.
Thanks for all the hints and advice. Will post the purchase when we find it.

Pulling the hammer back and doing the grab the slide with the off hand and pushing forward with the grip in the strong hand actually worked on my Ruger even though it wasnt easy or "normal" feeling. The right one is out there, just haven't found it yet. Going to look into the reduced spring weight.
She does love her revolvers and that is an option.
Will look at the M&P also but it will require a trip to the Cerekote shop for a beautification process according to her.
Thanks for all the hints and advice. Will post the purchase when we find it.
Reduced springs could result in more recoil.
Just depends.
It's a tricky thing on one side you get this but you will have to deal with this on the other side .
But you could reduce the spring.
But to cut down on the recoil.
You would have to use lighter loads.
It's a give and take situation.

So I went back a read op .
You want a gun for her to carry in the woods.
Maybe try a revolver.
Or if she can rack the slide on a striker pistol like a Glock.
Then look at a .40 Cal.
Or even a 10mm

You may look at having her try the Sig p365 XL. It is a 9mm which coupled with the new Outdoorsman loads by buffalo bore will kill a bear. It holds 12 or 15 rounds depending on which mag you use. However it's as thin as my 1911s. I carry the 365 and love it, the new 365xl is the same just longer slide and grip.

Ever think about a 45 ACP revolver? My wife shoots 44 Specials thru my Model 69 revolver better than she shoots any other handgun. It's stupid...View attachment 610556
I have a Ruger GP100 in 44 Special with a 3" barrel. I shoot Speer 200 gr. Gold Dot ammo with it and It's like shooting a 45 auto, but the frame on any revolver bigger than a compact can be a problem for smaller hands. It's something to consider and doesn't throw empty cases all over the place like my Desert Eagle 1911C. Heck all 1911s throw empty cases into the next county. That is only a problem if you reload your own ammo.

You may look at having her try the Sig p365 XL. It is a 9mm which coupled with the new Outdoorsman loads by buffalo bore will kill a bear. It holds 12 or 15 rounds depending on which mag you use. However it's as thin as my 1911s. I carry the 365 and love it, the new 365xl is the same just longer slide and grip.
Wait. What?!?!? Had no idea they made them in with a longer slide. I bought my P365 when they were hard to get and use the 12 round mags with it. I love it and it's wiched accurate when I do my part. I'm going to look into that ammo you mentioned. Might be better than the 147 gr. Federal HST that I'm currently using.

Wait. What?!?!? Had no idea they made them in with a longer slide. I bought my P365 when they were hard to get and use the 12 round mags with it. I love it and it's wiched accurate when I do my part. I'm going to look into that ammo you mentioned. Might be better than the 147 gr. Federal HST that I'm currently using.
They just released them, they even milled the slide for an rmr. I also have the original, I carry the 12 in my pistol and one of the 15 rounders as my backup.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top