JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The last line when the Libyan transport plane came to pick them up summed it up perfectly in my opinion.

That was my take, too. The US couldn't even send a plane to pick up the ambassador's body? Ridiculous. Something could have come from Aviano. Given the amount of time from the first attacks, there could have been a cargo jet and fighter/attack jets moved from Aviano to Sigonella where they could have been ready to support or extract the people in Benghazi before the second Annex attack. During the Libya liberation the US ran hundreds or thousands of combat sorties directly from Sigonella -- meaning that the lack of fuel tanker should not have been a limitation on sending air support.

Just finished this movie. Amazing!!! Acting in the first 10 minutes was sub-par, but it sure got you on the edge of the seat quick. From then on, it just had me hooked.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, and enjoys giving respect to our men and women overseas, I would highly suggest this film. I am one that movies really move me and make me think for long periods of time. This is one of them.

Tragic story. Great film. A great reminder. God bless our county. And God be with the men and women in our military.

That was my take, too. The US couldn't even send a plane to pick up the ambassador's body? Ridiculous. Something could have come from Aviano. Given the amount of time from the first attacks, there could have been a cargo jet and fighter/attack jets moved from Aviano to Sigonella where they could have been ready to support or extract the people in Benghazi before the second Annex attack. During the Libya liberation the US ran hundreds or thousands of combat sorties directly from Sigonella -- meaning that the lack of fuel tanker should not have been a limitation on sending air support.

Sigonella is even closer than Aviano. And there was and probably still is a USMC security detail at Sig which is a NATO base and usually has Navy ASW assets there.
Our squadron went there 2x in the 80s. I know all about Qaddafi's Libya.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads