JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are indeed at a divide , when senseless violence ceases to be abnormal and seemingly becomes a norm.
Our nation is being torn apart by madness and extremism...yet all that we seem to do is , add more fuel to the fire.
If any good comes of actions like this , I hope that it can lead to a working unity of all Americans to go forward and save ourselves.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those harmed and condolences to families whose have lost loved ones.
Andy
DITTO

Everyday I'm remind to carry everywhere, everytime.

These people are sick. They are all around us, with the slightest breeze can send them over the edge. Our govt, federal and local are doing everything possible to incite division.
The media just takes that flame and pour fuel on it .
Reading this while sitting in a gun free zone armed only with pepper spray, folder knife, flashlight and my wits.

The main stream media is the fuel pump, and both policital parties are the sparks. It's time for that to end, we need to let them know, every single one of them, including the ignorant talking heads, in no uncertain terms that we're tired of it, don't want to hear it anymore...

This is my main thought on all of this. I truly believe they're the catalyst not only for these mass shootings and violence, but also the division in this country. We ought to be forgetting the names of these people, not making them instant celebrities and spreading their hate.

My heart is torn and I am in misery. I just went to synagogue last week and I thought to myself after seeing the pictures of the bloody prayer books how much the synagogue looked like the one I was in. I just think of all those innocent children and how vulnerable we are during our prayers and how I always worry that at any moment some madman will come in there wanting to exterminate us. My grandmothers village was systematically exterminated in the Holocaust by Nazi soldiers when they went into Belarus. America is still the best place for Jews to live and it is the only place we have a fighting chance.

I have raised awareness at several synagogues and have called Rabbis and talked with them about arming the synagogues and having guards during the services. Most of it is met with naive laughter or complacency. It is sad that so many Jewish people are pacifists and still expect the police to magically arrive. Ironically, these incidents are so much more common in Israel and they do have heavily armed soldiers around most places, but even there, so many terrorist attacks occur.

I consider this is a terrorist attack and the perpetrator wants to declare war on America's Jewish population. T here are many more like him and there are poeple like him all over the country. In Russia, massacres like these were quite common. One third of my family are first generation Russian Jewish immigrants and they lived under tyranny during Communism and my grandmother helped many of them immigrate because many of them were being arrested, thrown in prisons, having their businesses and stores shut down. They were not allowed to openly practice their religion or follow their culture, such as speaking languages like Yiddish or Hebrew.

It breaks my heart, but these attacks will continue in every country in the world. In America, we have the 2nd Amendment and we have the right to defend our loved ones and families. The people who were masscred there could have been brothers and sisters and it breaks my heart. Yet, they had the choice and were even presented with the security issues and chose to keep their doors open and not have anybody guard their synagogue. This synagogue has actually received death threats in the past and has had some serious security problems. Despite this, they chose to still feel that danger could never enter the doors of where their children play and worship. I cannot condemn them for that as I have yet to see many synagogues that have an armed guard. One synagogue I attendedi n Seattle had some former IDF guys who opened carried in the shul and some others who were concealing. Sadly, at this shul, nobody was armed and they were mowed down like sheep just as was done in the olden days. The only difference is that for first time in history Jews are allowed to actually own guns to defend themselves and their synagogues and yet they chose not to, because of the brainwashing of the media and liberal politicians.

It is time for #NEVERAGAIN to really come to life .. NEVERAGAIN shouldn't be said in vain and I feel driven to go around synagogues, Jewish communities and to Jewish people in my neighborhood that we need to be vigilant and not wait for the police or some magical liberal politician to come with his wand and magically end all violence in the world. We need to arm our communities and be vigilant. If any group of people should understand the benefits of a 2nd Amendment and the horrors of gun control, it should be the Jewish people. From the massacres that occured after the Nazi Gun Control measures to Stalin's cultural/ethnic cleansing and the pogroms. We are not strangers to suffering, so why should we continue to endure when we are blessed to be Americans and have the one greatest right that any human can possible be given, the right to defend the lives of our loved ones and ourselves. The only gift next to life itself, is the right to defend it.

BARUCH DAYAN HA EMET (The Jewish prayer of mourning, Blessed Be The Righteous Judge)

Last Edited:
Reading this while sitting in a gun free zone armed only with pepper spray, folder knife, flashlight and my wits.
Rather tried by twelve than carried by Styx, I believe the saying goes.
Screenshot_20181027-224559.png
That seems off somehow.

I was listening to the radio and specifically heard one reporter say that he used an AK-47. That was early on though and I haven't heard anything regarding weapons since. I figured that the drive-by media was just trying to ignite the narrative early.

The news I watched on TV .Said he used a AR15 .and 3 handguns

Last Edited:
This is my main thought on all of this. I truly believe they're the catalyst not only for these mass shootings and violence, but also the division in this country. We ought to be forgetting the names of these people, not making them instant celebrities and spreading their hate.
I agree wholeheartedly, their name should never be uttered nor their picture ever shown. No 30 seconds of fame... Period...

He should get the rope, regardless of his mental faculties.

During a discussion with Dad years ago he mentioned that anyone committing murder would be able to use the plea of "temporary insanity" as murder isn't a rational crime. That didn't mean that he thought they should get off free, it was his way of saying that plea was way overused.

I have raised awareness at several synagogues and have called Rabbis and talked with them about arming the synagogues and having guards during the services. Most of it is met with naive laughter or complacency. It is sad that so many Jewish people are pacifists and still expect the police to magically arrive. Ironically, these incidents are so much more common in Israel and they do have heavily armed soldiers around most places, but even there, so many terrorist attacks occur.
We need to arm our communities and be vigilant. If any group of people should understand the benefits of a 2nd Amendment and the horrors of gun control, it should be the Jewish people. From the massacres that occured after the Nazi Gun Control measures to Stalin's cultural/ethnic cleansing and the pogroms. We are not strangers to suffering, so why should we continue to endure when we are blessed to be Americans and have the one greatest right that any human can possible be given, the right to defend the lives of our loved ones and ourselves. The only gift next to life itself, is the right to defend it.

BARUCH DAYAN HA EMET (The Jewish prayer of mourning, Blessed Be The Righteous Judge)
Thank you for reaching out like you have. I wonder if this will have any effect on those Rabbis who responded with laughter, incredulity or complacency.
Not only does this incident remind me to carry as much as possible, it serves as a reminder to train and be vigilant.

It sickens me that every article that I have seen about the attack has a large photo of the perp.

Although I'm not remotely Jewish, I have genuine Isreali immigrant Jews within my family group, and I would tear out and stomp on the guts of anyone who attempted to cause harm upon them (or anyone else for that matter).

The media fans these flames and continues to drive wedges between the people because strife, fear, self-interests, anger, and hatred are the easiest to evoke with visual (video) media... it's all about getting people to tune in and watch... viewers equals ratings.... ratings equals revenue.

The same principles apply to all the political parties.

Take literally less than ONE MINUTE and watch this...

With all the turmoil and hatred going on in this country, I think/fear we need a foreign enemy. Nothing unites us more.

I wonder if somebody shot up a KKK rally, if that would seem so horrible... I'm not advocating for going around and killing nazis and white supremicists, I just doubt that it would be so upsetting.

Something about that statement bothers me... Words escape me. But ponder this: "First they came for xxx, and I was not xxx so I said nothing". Hate is hate, no matter if they deserve it or not. Let us talk of peace, not hatred.

what I do agree with is his suggestion that if we started executing these nutjobs after committing these mass shootings, we might see a slight reluctance on their part.
Sure it won't deter ALL of them because some are truly nuts enough to see right through the death on their end but.... what they're getting now isn't doing anything to deter them.

I think most of them are suicidal, and want to make a splash or a statement on their way out. They will not be deterred. Only talk of peace will make a difference. I agree with those that say we need to stop stirring the pot.

There is so much hatred and ugliness in this land of freedom and opportunity. As MLK put it: "We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

We so rarely hear the teachings of MLK being promoted any more. Seems he is thought to be just another "old guy whose time has passed" and not part of the current philosophies. When he talked about a color-blind society, I was with him. I don't like the changes since.

The main stream media is the fuel pump, and both policital parties are the sparks. It's time for that to end, we need to let them know, every single one of them, including the ignorant talking heads, in no uncertain terms that we're tired of it, don't want to hear it anymore...

First thing to do is tune out. If we don't watch, and ratings then suffer, maybe then the MSM may start to listen. Maybe. But I think a lot of yelling at them is in order first. Politicians too. One side blaming the other, and calls for "uncivility" (code for violence) it is ridiculous!

It is sad that so many Jewish people are pacifists

I don't get/understand anti-Semitism at all. Reading your post I was further saddened. Is there a tenet, teaching, or belief that the Jewish lot is to endure suffering?

With all the turmoil and hatred going on in this country, I think/fear we need a foreign enemy. Nothing unites us more.

Funny but not really. I had this exact conversation with a neighbor yesterday. We both commented how sad it is that American can not come together.

Prayers to those families affected by this tragic event.

I'm with ya brother, everyplace, everyday, every minute... If someone in that synagogue had been armed, perhaps the loss of life could have been reduced...

agreed the fake news IS the problem because we have always had political heated differences, the president tweeted the same sentiments, then again the media spent the last 3 days trying to blame Trump for shooting and bombs.....oh yeah he was also complicit for the hurricane

why doesnt the media take a moment to understand why people chant CNN SUCKS........
because headlines true or not make money these days so the media pour fuel on the conspiracy theories

agreed the fake news IS the problem because we have always had political heated differences, the president tweeted the same sentiments, then again the media spent the last 3 days trying to blame Trump for shooting and bombs.....oh yeah he was also complicit for the hurricane

why doesnt the media take a moment to understand why people chant CNN SUCKS........
because headlines true or not make money these days so the media pour fuel on the conspiracy theories

Same reason the media only mentions all the bad things that POTUS does instead of focusing on the things that he has done that has helped this country.

It is easier to unite when the "enemy" is someone or something else...But when it is of our own people or making , it can be more difficult to accept and work on a solution.
Also why work on a solution , when you can blame someone else....seems to be a common theme....
We need to look at who stands to gain from all this divide and discord.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR