JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm teaching a new shooter how to shoot handguns and am running into a small problem

He's a Lefty and he's years away from buying his own gun ( he's 13)

so I'm looking into different types of handguns that have 100% ambi controls

By that I mean that ALL of the controls can be use right and left handed without swapping parts around

What guns have Mag, slide, saftey and/or decockers that work this way

I only know of a couple :

the newer HK's like p30 and p2000

and the STI GP6 and GP5

Without getting pissed can we come up with a few more?

I believe the Zastava EZ9 is fully ambidextrous with the slide release/decocker and mag release present on both sides, it's also pretty affordable and of great quality for the price. I guess the take-down lever is on only one side but it would be kinda silly if that were ambidextrous.

After thinking about it I mis-stated the FNP.
The FNP45 is the only one in the FNP line that completely ambi.
The FNP 9 and 40 need parts swapping.

The FNX series are designed like the FNP45 and are ambi.

Ok I'll add the FNX to the list

Seems to me that I checked out a Zastava once at a gun show looked like a nice peice for the price BUT you would need gorrilla hands to hold it. For reference it goes on the list

Thanks guys

The CZ 85! It is the exact same as a 75, except it has an ambidextrous safety and slide stop and a reversible magazine release. My 75 B is my absolute favorite pistol to shoot.

85B, functionally identical to the 75B: CZ-USA -> CZ 85 B

85 Combat, with adjustable rear sight / mags drop free (this shouldn't be a huge selling point as any CZ can be modified to do this in a matter of minutes) / extended mag release / overtravel adjust: CZ-USA -> CZ 85 COMBAT

edit: My mistake, the mag release is not constantly ambidextrous - though it can be reversed at will, it is only present on one side or the other at any given time. Sorry! Everything else is full ambi.

I checked out the walthers and it looks like they had an ambi slide release as an option but there is debate on how many are/were available in the states. I'll keep my eyes open and add it to my list

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top