JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My best explanation of what the goon squad is can be seen on Netflix in a film called Ordinary Men. A study more or less as to how ordinary men become willing to do evil things under the rule of laws.

We have our profile and there is a profile among law enforcement too, some good and some bad.

As far as not having enough cops it's Alenski in action.
Humans make up the work force in ALL places. This "we hate all Cops" thing sounds great up until those screaming about them being "goons" need help. So hate (goons) Cops? Don't call 911 when some scum is attacking then. Really sad how many gun owners drink this koolaid that the Police are the enemy. :(

I am grateful for the panic buying of covid. Vendors placed orders to fill empty shelves. Now the supply has surpassed demand (temporarily) it's time to stock up. This buying opportunity will not last long.
This will go just like the multitude of ones before. Shelves fill, stuff is on sale all the time, it will be ignored. Something will set off another panic, shelves will be cleaned out. The same people as last time will scream and call it conspiracy because they have none. There seems to be no reaching them. Have "tried" to explain manufacturing to many of them who just will not hear it. Many have a fantasy that the plants making the stuff can just double their output when there is a need. In the real world it does not work that way and they just will not hear it. :s0092:

In WA and OR they will keep right on passing new unconstitutional laws and assume it will take up to a decade to get them reversed.
That they will as long as voting does not change. The liberals when they want something could care less how much money they throw away. This crap gets HUGELY expensive on the tax payers but they keep telling those doing it to keep flushing that cash down the crapper. A lot of them all the while crying about high taxes. Amazing to sit back and watch. :confused:

Humans make up the work force in ALL places. This "we hate all Cops" thing sounds great up until those screaming about them being "goons" need help. So hate (goons) Cops? Don't call 911 when some scum is attacking then. Really sad how many gun owners drink this koolaid that the Police are the enemy. :(
I could give you plenty of examples of bad cops doing what politicians tell them to, obviously if you have been alive you have seen it for yourself. I have run with cops I believe we're good men and seen cops I wouldn't trust for a minute.

As far as 911, I don't depend on them and never have. They will arrive after it's over in most cases.

Never heard of a quantity limit on ammunition. HOWEVER...
Our gun rights are protected by the 2nd Amendment, not "ammunition rights." IF a state wanted to place a quantity limit on ammunition that very well may be legal, or at least lead to a court case with an unknown outcome. Seemingly you can't have a gun without ammunition, but that is not a clear legal connection at this time (at least that I'm aware of). Even if a state didn't outright ban ammunition it may achieve the same effective outcome by taxing the hell out of it. Either way, we need to keep our guard up.
Not so sure about that; the Second Amendment covers "arms", and ammunition is colloquially considered to be "arms". Try exporting ammo and you will find yourself having to deal with ITAR which considers ammo as "arms", as does the UN and its treaties.

Not sure how much that founding era basis would help the ammo quantity question. Back then people were making their own ammo and quantities were probably much smaller than the average gun owner has today, but who knows? It's not as if anyone did a survey back then, so we'd all be guessing. Hopefully the make-up of SCOTUS won't be changing anytime soon in odd event this issue comes before them.
It is highly relevant.

Ammo is protected "arms" under 2a. And the only "historical analogues" from the time of the founding relating to any type of regulation on ammo was in regards to the STORAGE of black powder. But SCOTUS has been clear on this that powder regulations were based on the highly flammable nature of black powder and that cities were almost entirely built from wood. The only powder regulations that existed were due to fire concerns. There were no regulations placing quantity limitations on ammo components.

Thus if there weren't any limitations at the founding, there can be none now...not that some petty tyrants won't try.

It is highly relevant.

Ammo is protected "arms" under 2a. And the only "historical analogues" from the time of the founding relating to any type of regulation on ammo was in regards to the STORAGE of black powder. But SCOTUS has been clear on this that powder regulations were based on the highly flammable nature of black powder and that cities were almost entirely built from wood. The only powder regulations that existed were due to fire concerns. There were no regulations placing quantity limitations on ammo components.

Thus if there weren't any limitations at the founding, there can be none now...not that some petty tyrants won't try.
Good analysis. Follow-up: could a state fire marshal thereby claim that storage over X amount of ammo constitutes a fire hazard? Honestly, I wouldn't want to be a fire fighter around my house if it was up in flames. Of course, I'm assuming rounds would go off under extreme heat, although I don't know whether that be true or not.

Never heard of a quantity limit on ammunition. HOWEVER...
Our gun rights are protected by the 2nd Amendment, not "ammunition rights." IF a state wanted to place a quantity limit on ammunition that very well may be legal, or at least lead to a court case with an unknown outcome. Seemingly you can't have a gun without ammunition, but that is not a clear legal connection at this time (at least that I'm aware of). Even if a state didn't outright ban ammunition it may achieve the same effective outcome by taxing the hell out of it. Either way, we need to keep our guard up.
This is absurd. No seriously, only the left and uneducated children try to posit that ammunition isn't protected.

It would be like saying magazines aren't protected because they're not expressly stated. Or barrels aren't protected. Without ammunition/bullets, the right to keep and bear arms would be meaningless.

Per Heller: "Arms, the Court asserted, has the same meaning now as it did during the eighteenth century: any thing that a man wears for his defence, or takes into his hands, or use in wrath to cast at or strike another,including weapons not specifically designed for military use."

Ammunition is clearly protected under that definition.

As another example, the Second Amendment doesn't expressly say that we have a right to build guns. But again, without the ability to build guns...if we had to be dependent on, say, the government to build guns for us...the amendment could be pretty useless.

Good analysis. Follow-up: could a state fire marshal thereby claim that storage over X amount of ammo constitutes a fire hazard? Honestly, I wouldn't want to be a fire fighter around my house if it was up in flames. Of course, I'm assuming rounds would go off under extreme heat, although I don't know whether that be true or not.
Ammunition cooking off in fires is well known, and of minimal concern to firefighters in turnout gear. Apparently.

Concerning would be chambered ammunition.

No idea in regards to smokeless powder. Probably a major concern, I'd figure. Probably along the lines of a fuel tank. There was that guy who blew out his garage a few years ago back east. I think he lived, could be wrong. I think smoking while reloading, but not sure on that either...

This will go just like the multitude of ones before. Shelves fill, stuff is on sale all the time, it will be ignored. Something will set off another panic, shelves will be cleaned out. The same people as last time will scream and call it conspiracy because they have none. There seems to be no reaching them. Have "tried" to explain manufacturing to many of them who just will not hear it. Many have a fantasy that the plants making the stuff can just double their output when there is a need. In the real world it does not work that way and they just will not hear it. :s0092:
You speak of faith.

F6BSj69W8AAv6ly.jpg

That they will as long as voting does not change. The liberals when they want something could care less how much money they throw away. This crap gets HUGELY expensive on the tax payers but they keep telling those doing it to keep flushing that cash down the crapper. A lot of them all the while crying about high taxes. Amazing to sit back and watch. :confused:
You forget that WA is mail-in voting. It will be Democrat for the next 50 years.

You forget that WA is mail-in voting. It will be Democrat for the next 50 years.
Dude there has been cheating for as long as there has been voting. Remember when Sporting Systems spent a LOT of money and effort to give us a re do on the stupid law that made my 10/22 an assault weapon? All we had to do was get enough shooters to sign the petition. We could not get enough gun owners to bother. So how is this mail in voting doing this to us? So the mail in voters were stopping us how?
The reason WA keeps losing is voting. Those who cause this have a list of excuses they use. Vote by mail is only one of them. Seattle has us ruled over, its a waste of my time, or better yet there is no difference between the two who could win so I wrote in a protest vote because I am too good to vote for that RINO. These excuses are good for one thing, losing. :(

Dude there has been cheating for as long as there has been voting. Remember when Sporting Systems spent a LOT of money and effort to give us a re do on the stupid law that made my 10/22 an assault weapon? All we had to do was get enough shooters to sign the petition. We could not get enough gun owners to bother. So how is this mail in voting doing this to us? So the mail in voters were stopping us how?
The reason WA keeps losing is voting. Those who cause this have a list of excuses they use. Vote by mail is only one of them. Seattle has us ruled over, its a waste of my time, or better yet there is no difference between the two who could win so I wrote in a protest vote because I am too good to vote for that RINO. These excuses are good for one thing, losing. :(
I am not long for this state. I can blame it on whatever I want. :D

I don't own any ammo at all! All my guns are just to look at, so no ammo needed. Same for my reloading equipment; just to look at. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top