JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I often wonder when something similar will be said about a person's reloading setup such as he has,
'Massive ammo manufacturing capability' - or something to this effect.
If for some reason the "law" was to come to my home and arrest me? I have zero doubt they would lay out all my guns, all my ammo, all my home rolling stuff on a large tarp and say exactly that. Seems quite common for them to lay guns found at any kind of arrest for the media. Since I don't poke that bear every chance I get I don't lose any sleep over it.

If for some reason the "law" was to come to my home and arrest me? I have zero doubt they would lay out all my guns, all my ammo, all my home rolling stuff on a large tarp and say exactly that. Seems quite common for them to lay guns found at any kind of arrest for the media. Since I don't poke that bear every chance I get I don't lose any sleep over it.
Pretty sure there is a profile that AI looks for that will get the goon squad at the door, most of us don't fit the profile....today.

Pretty sure there is a profile that AI looks for that will get the goon squad at the door, most of us don't fit the profile....today.
If there is it sounds like it works just like pretty much anything the gov touches. Gangs of scum have enough guns to arm a 3d world dictator and for some reason police can't find them. I am VERY skeptical when I read some story about the goons coming to some guy's home and he "did nothing wrong". In history there has to have been someone who this really happened too. What I keep seeing is people who play fast and loose with the rules, flaunt what they are doing, poke the bear, often for years, finally get in a real jam, so they scream and cry. :s0092:

If there is it sounds like it works just like pretty much anything the gov touches. Gangs of scum have enough guns to arm a 3d world dictator and for some reason police can't find them. I am VERY skeptical when I read some story about the goons coming to some guy's home and he "did nothing wrong". In history there has to have been someone who this really happened too. What I keep seeing is people who play fast and loose with the rules, flaunt what they are doing, poke the bear, often for years, finally get in a real jam, so they scream and cry. :s0092:
If you follow Sen Rand Paul and his senate hearing on AI then you get a pretty good idea how far the Patriot act has gone. They were discussing how the government has spied on us and used the net to manipulate us.

Easy to see how a few bots in the right places can start an ammo panic.

Plus they gather data on those manipulated , how better to see who has guns than to track who is buying ammo?

People have no idea how much the net owns them.

If you follow Sen Rand Paul and his senate hearing on AI then you get a pretty good idea how far the Patriot act has gone. They were discussing how the government has spied on us and used the net to manipulate us.

Easy to see how a few bots in the right places can start an ammo panic.

Plus they gather data on those manipulated , how better to see who has guns than to track who is buying ammo?

People have no idea how much the net owns them.
Since I buy ammo online, have for so long can't remember when I started, I have no delusion that the info is not easy to find. Never care. For a long time I used that guy on the east coast, ammoman. For good while now been using SG.These places have to be selling literal tons of ammo a week. Everyone buying from them is paying with plastic. That's a hell of a lot of people to keep track of but, the info is there and will never go away. Again I don't care because I am not poking the bear. Even if I live long enough to see them outlaw having that ammo I will not see them coming door to door to millions of gun owners. They will not have to too gain compliance. For anyone really "scared of this"? They could just go local and pay cash I guess. :s0092:

Since I buy ammo online, have for so long can't remember when I started, I have no delusion that the info is not easy to find. Never care. For a long time I used that guy on the east coast, ammoman. For good while now been using SG.These places have to be selling literal tons of ammo a week. Everyone buying from them is paying with plastic. That's a hell of a lot of people to keep track of but, the info is there and will never go away. Again I don't care because I am not poking the bear. Even if I live long enough to see them outlaw having that ammo I will not see them coming door to door to millions of gun owners. They will not have to too gain compliance. For anyone really "scared of this"? They could just go local and pay cash I guess. :s0092:
I have bought ammo on line for decades and won't ever have a problem because I don't fit the profile of the people they want. Life member of a gun club, ccw holder for 50 years and only one ticket on my driving record in my lifetime. Plus I never make threats of violence on the net or on the phone. It's obvious I don't break the laws that set the goons into action.

AI looks for a profile, today most of us don't get a second glance....today.

Never heard of a quantity limit on ammunition. HOWEVER...
Our gun rights are protected by the 2nd Amendment, not "ammunition rights." IF a state wanted to place a quantity limit on ammunition that very well may be legal, or at least lead to a court case with an unknown outcome. Seemingly you can't have a gun without ammunition, but that is not a clear legal connection at this time (at least that I'm aware of). Even if a state didn't outright ban ammunition it may achieve the same effective outcome by taxing the hell out of it. Either way, we need to keep our guard up.

I have bought ammo on line for decades and won't ever have a problem because I don't fit the profile of the people they want. Life member of a gun club, ccw holder for 50 years and only one ticket on my driving record in my lifetime. Plus I never make threats of violence on the net or on the phone. It's obvious I don't break the laws that set the goons into action.

AI looks for a profile, today most of us don't get a second glance....today.
When you call them "goons" are we talking about the Cops who show up to raid dope dealers, dealers of guns to drug dealers? So they are "goons" now? You would rather the law just turn a blind eye to this crime? Would that really lead to happy campers all around? Several places tried this with de-fund the Police. They are getting just the result they asked for and are now screaming because they got what they asked for. :s0092:

Never heard of a quantity limit on ammunition. HOWEVER...
Our gun rights are protected by the 2nd Amendment, not "ammunition rights." IF a state wanted to place a quantity limit on ammunition that very well may be legal, or at least lead to a court case with an unknown outcome. Seemingly you can't have a gun without ammunition, but that is not a clear legal connection at this time (at least that I'm aware of). Even if a state didn't outright ban ammunition it may achieve the same effective outcome by taxing the hell out of it. Either way, we need to keep our guard up.
I disagree. Ammunition is an integral part of a firearm and is protected by the 2nd Amendment. Magazine bans are illegal, as clarified by Bruen, and therefore so is ammunition. Certainly some jurisdictions will pretend that this is not so and force us to sue them, but it's too practical a matter to stand.

I disagree. Ammunition is an integral part of a firearm and is protected by the 2nd Amendment. Magazine bans are illegal, as clarified by Bruen, and therefore so is ammunition. Certainly some jurisdictions will pretend that this is not so and force us to sue them, but it's too practical a matter to stand.
You may be right. Or maybe not. The magazine example is a good one, because states apparently do have the power to limit magazine capacity... that being a quantity issue. So by extention, if we presume that a state could not overtly ban the ability for gun owners to possess ammunition, what would stand in the way of a state imposing a limit on the quantity of ammunition?

You may be right. Or maybe not. The magazine example is a good one, because states apparently do have the power to limit magazine capacity... that being a quantity issue. So by extention, if we presume that a state could not overtly ban the ability for gun owners to possess ammunition, what would stand in the way of a state imposing a limit on the quantity of ammunition?
Sadly nothing. Some have already made it so you have to have a BGC just to buy. This will of course end up in the courts but, how many years will it take to work through the courts? Even in the end we have no way to know what the black robes will decide. :(

My whole point is that the Bruen decision has been used to successfully negate magazine limits. It will take time to get here, but it's real.

BTW, did Bruen address magazines at all? I thought that was a case which overturned New York State's licensing requirement for carrying a firearm outside one's private residence. What part of that case addressed magazines?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top