JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have read on this forum that federal law says That a person can only own 10,000 rounds per caliber.

Is that per person or per household?

What if my wife and I are both shooters and both shoot 22LR. Are we each allowed to own 10,000 rounds in the same house?
And what if we own multiple homes?

Asking for a friend.

Last Edited:
Up_to_you.jpg

a_storm_is_coming.png

sinking-boat2.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS.....some music while you're pondering.

I have read on this forum that federal law says That a person can only own 10,000 rounds per caliber.

What if my wife and I are both shooters and both shoot 22LR. Are we each allowed to own 10,000 rounds in the same house?

Asking for a friend.
There is no limit on the number of firearms a person can own, and there is no limit on the volume of ammunition a person can own. There may be recommendations and guidance around safe storage, but that doesn't prevent you from owning however much you want. Where did you hear that?

If you're buying 10,000 a week without a FFL; the FBI/NSA/CIA might want to talk to you but if you're buying 10,000 over a period of years; the only questions would be... how big is your house and can we come over to shoot some of ours at your range? :D :s0087: :s0091: :cool:

There is no limit on the number of firearms a person can own, and there is no limit on the volume of ammunition a person can own. There may be recommendations and guidance around safe storage, but that doesn't prevent you from owning however much you want. Where did you hear that?
Not totally unrelated (as a regular guy/home owner)........
Note the fire codes : about how many primers one could store safely? And, there are also fire codes about how you should store your powder and IIRC, how much is allowed.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......I wouldn't totally rule out that the Dems don't have something in the works. About limiting ammo sales to X numbers.

Not totally unrelated......
BUT, But, but.....note the fire codes : about how many primers one could store safely? And, there are also fire codes about how you should store your powder (and how much is allowed).

Aloha, Mark
There are definitely quantities of primers and gunpowder that have to be stored specially. I remember the guy who ran, what was it called? That huge annual shoot that went away a couple of years ago. I remember he had a bunker for powder because he had too much to store conventionally.

I thought I read it on this forum.
However, I am very happy to hear you say there is no limit.

If you're buying 10,000 a week without a FFL; the FBI/NSA/CIA might want to talk to you but if you're buying 10,000 over a period of years; the only questions would be... how big is your house and can we come over to shoot some of ours at your range? :D :s0087: :s0091: :cool:
Ha-ha!

Seriously though, I worry about my wood floors. My ammo safes are very heavy!

There are definitely quantities of primers and gunpowder that have to be stored specially. I remember the guy who ran, what was it called? That huge annual shoot that went away a couple of years ago. I remember he had a bunker for powder because he had too much to store conventionally.
I do store my ammo & primers in ammo safes, not to be confused with a gun safe which is a containment vessel. (Boom!)

So now the question is - how much powder am I allowed to store?

Asking for a friend.
I have never heard of a limit on ammunition. However, I do believe some municipalities have statutes that limit the number of primers to 10,000 that can be stored in a residence and also put a limit on the amount of smokeless powder. I think it has more to do with concerns if there was a fire...
I have never heard of it being enforced.

There have been a lot of really good sale prices on ammo lately!
I have been stocking up.

F0c2FqyWYAoMLQv.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews