JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought I read it on this forum.
However, I am very happy to hear you say there is no limit.
I've never seen anyone say that on here. Possibly just in jest and it didn't stick in my mind(?)

If anything... I've read several times a general recommend of 10k/rd per firearm... or more specifically... per "critical" firearm (to start) for those shtf conscious individuals.

I tend to concur. IE., A 4 member family each with an SD rifle and handgun... that's an 80k total goal to hit "minimums".😁👍

That's the only context I've really ever noticed "10k/rds" specifically mentioned.

I worry about my wood floors. My ammo safes are very heavy!
If you're thinking about shoring up your floor, concrete pier blocks usually aren't allowed by code in residential buildings. Code requires poured footings or piers of certain dimensions, etc. As a practical matter, you can use pier blocks to prevent your house from collapsing.

I concur with others, there is no federal limit on the amount of ammunition you may own and keep so long as you are not a "prohibited person."

However, if the police happen to come over and find you have, say, 93 rounds of .22 LR, and one of the officers calls the local news station, you may hear later that you had an "arsenal."

I think you need a special permit to keep more than 50,000 primers in a glass jar.
Pretty sure.

I've never seen anyone say that on here. Possibly just in jest and it didn't stick in my mind(?)

If anything... I've read several times a general recommend of 10k/rd per firearm... or more specifically... per "critical" firearm (to start) for those shtf conscious individuals.

I tend to concur. IE., A 4 member family each with an SD rifle and handgun... that's an 80k total goal to hit "minimums".😁👍

That's the only context I've really ever noticed "10k/rds" specifically mentioned.

F5e5y3YawAEBTmC.jpg

If you're thinking about shoring up your floor, concrete pier blocks usually aren't allowed by code in residential buildings. Code requires poured footings or piers of certain dimensions, etc. As a practical matter, you can use pier blocks to prevent your house from collapsing.

I concur with others, there is no federal limit on the amount of ammunition you may own and keep so long as you are not a "prohibited person."

However, if the police happen to come over and find you have, say, 93 rounds of .22 LR, and one of the officers calls the local news station, you may hear later that you had an "arsenal."

F5haz6uaMAIjJp6 (1).jpg

This being the net and all I have little doubt someone, at some time, probably did say something along these lines. That there was some limit. People often throw out all kinds of stuff they either heard or just made up. Before the great .22 panic of 20 years or so ago I was always keeping 10K of just that ammo alone. After that first great panic I doubled that. Powder and primers? My take would be how in the hell would anyone ever know in the first place? Now if someone was dumb enough to call some local authority and start giving out info on what they had and how much they had? God only knows what they may hear on the phone from some "official" and that might well end up with them getting a visit to want to look. Probably same thing if instead of ordering ammo or powder by the case someone started ordering so much that they had to send a truck out to their home? That may get some official to want to look.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top