JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting concept. I like this better than some others. If I were ever to use anything like this, I would still do what I do already - at night, before bed, I unlock any lock I'm using so I don't have to worry about fumbling with it in the middle of the night. If it's a gun I don't have on me when I'm away from home, it could be a good option - I like the notification feature. And the other movement notification device would be good to have on the safe itself, just in case someone gets in the house while we are away and starts messing with it.

I had an advanced bioelectrical safety installed between my ears almost sixty years ago. Since then it has worked without fail every single time.

Sorry but I'm still not a fan of anything with batteries and want one in the chamber of the gun I keep for bump in the night.

A quality handgun safe does all of that already.

Better then putting one in the chamber, taking it out and putting your lock in it then repeating daily.

That actually looks pretty cool. As with all tech-related safety devices though my question is... what happens if the battery runs out?
for something like this, you would replace the battery on a maintenance schedule, regardless if it needs it or not.

as a safety product that doesn't require any modification to the gun, I have no problem with supporting this idea. Locked out or not, I don't see myself ever leaving a gun out of a safe unattended so I would probably only go for the "ZORE Watchdog" safe notification device.

(seems like Déjà vu, didn't we have this same thread a couple years ago?)

Its not for me.
But then many of my guns were built without safeties, other than half cock .
( Some locks don't even have a half cock notch )
Not too sure if the lock system in the OP would work with every gun out there...

Finger off trigger , muzzle always pointed in a safe direction and finding a safe way to store your guns that works for you , seems a real simple and easy solution to this problem.
Using this "safety system" has worked for me with any gun new , old or any age in between.
Andy

Hard pass. Reliance on ANYTHING instead of exercising caution, restraint, and discipline is the path to failure. Take responsibility, don't look for tech to do it for you.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top