JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It might have been touch on before, couldn't find anything with a search...

What film would you suggest as being a "must see" for fellow board members?

It has to be related to Tactics, Preparedness, Survival, Zombies, Russian take-over (go Wolverines), End of the world, etc...

Name your poison and tell us why!

Dr. Strangelove. It touches on all the basics...securing the perimeter from zombies, activating superior firepower (see Slim Pickens for details) and preserving bodily fluids. What else could you need? Oh yes... the women will have to be selected for their...oooops.:s0131:

Will

"The Road" is very good, but I'm waiting for "One Second After" which is in negotiations for production,, last I heard....

The other fairly good movie (plot aside) is " I am legend" with Will Smith.

SOG

It's an old 1950's drama with Ray Milland, but nevertheless very startling and educational. The theme is that Los Angeles gets nuked, and all of the surviving surrounding communities flee for the hills while society breaks down---and what this means in actual practice for a family just slightly ahead of the curve. Yes, it's a corny old family drama from the Fifties, but it is VERY instructive....................elsullo :(

Some pretty good suggestions so far. I just watched The Road last night, Collapse was outstanding, and After Armageddon left me with plenty to think about. I recommend the following because I believe them to be mostly factual, and give some suggestions to allow us to better understand the mess we are in the middle of. I think that the people who made these films tried to stick with verifiable information, and are adamant that the viewer not take their word for anything, but to research for themselves.

Free on Youtube

Endgame

Fall of the Republic

Shadow Government

Police State 4

Buy the DVD

Don't Tread on Me

Camp FEMA

I think that's the title. It's a very good late 1990's movie about a simple electric power failure in Southern California, that lasts for a week. It's stunning how rapidly and easily civilization can end. It's fictional, but it is so realistic that it seems like tomorrow, or maybe this afternoon. It is set in an affluent suburb of unprepared yuppies, who have to decide whether to stay and fight looters or to flee and fight hijackers as everyone runs out of water and gasoline. You watch society break down and families break down from the stress. It is grueling, great drama, and very well made.....................elsullo :s0131:

The Killing Fields

The left's plan, as personified by William Ayers and others, for America.

Here we go again, a thread hijack by a Right Wing absolutist and my kneejerk Leftie response.

The psychotic Cambodian Khmer Rouge was an insane abberation of history with virtually nothing to do with the rest of the world's leftists except a theoretical homage to the Marxist concept of class-struggle. The Khmer Rouge was a perverted offshoot of Maoism, and their single theme was to kill anyone with a good education so that they could resume being an agrarian, decentralized society. They slaughtered over a million Cambodians to "purify" their culture. The REST of the world's "left" was horrified and outraged---even the Maoists in China were discredited and eventually ousted. Guess who finally stopped them and returned Cambodia to civilization? It was those evil Communists of Viet Nam who finally invaded Cambodia to squash the Khmer Rouge and give Cambodia back to its citizens. Then they pulled out.

To assert that America's leftists of any degree support the industrial slaughter of a Khmer Rouge style extermination "class war" is not only absurd, it is deliberately duplicitous and a betrayal of history.............................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top