JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My wife has her own hand guns and rifles. She went ELK hunting 8 months pregnant. Got up before light hunted all day in the snow a cold and smiled all whole time. She gave up hunting but so did I. She still likes to shoot her 380 and 32 S&W long. I guess after 52 years together we are getting older and slower. But it was fun having a hunting and fishing partner all threw the years.

I made my own Roll-Pin punches out of Stanley Nail-Set, and long shank types.
They got cut for length, based on pin diameter, then drilled to size.
I made some from brass rod as well.

You really need an armorer's wrench and a good set of roll pin punches. Those save a lot of heartache and cuss words.

Get a roll of painters tape too so you can avoid any dings when driving in the roll pins.

I have the armorers wrench, but I think it a POS. $12.00 and what ever coating is on it won't let it go on the the basic muzzle brake.

I have small punches, not the proper roll pin punches though. And "Painters tape", definitely. I think of @etrain16 post when he was doing his lower. :D Haven't seen him here lately. Hope he's well.

I have the armorers wrench, but I think it a POS. $12.00 and what ever coating is on it won't let it go on the the basic muzzle brake.

I have small punches, not the proper roll pin punches though. And "Painters tape", definitely. I think of @etrain16 post when he was doing his lower. :D Haven't seen him here lately. Hope he's well.

I'm here, just been lurking more than posting. Enjoying some quiet time away from online stuff. Needed a break.

I got lucky... despite the stereotype of Canucks, the girlfriend is a raging Ammosexual in the making... I forwarded her a video of a "Japanese schoolgirl" cosplay group (it helps to note she's an anime fan) on Guam trying out a Barrett .50 and her response was "Ladyboner!;)"

For your viewing pleasure:

That was fun to watch, thanks!

But I gotta say, they probably should have spend some time in a classroom before hitting the range.
Quite. Which is why when we start getting her Ammosexually Active, after we discuss the Four Rules and she passes the written part of NRA Basic Safety I'm going to have two AR's detail-stripped and we're gonna go over 'em piece by piece detailing how they work, lube and assemble 'em together before we saddle up for the range. :)

Seventeen years coming up with my better half. Got a second "Mom" out of the deal. Really blessed with both of them in my life. She knew I shot and owned weapons but it never was an issue though she was raised in the Bay Area. I grew up all over the country but mostly in the South (Louisiana-37 years and Texas-12 years)

Long story short she wanted a taser for Christmas this year and I got her a Sig P-250 compact 40 SW with the 22 conversion instead. Had her take a Women's First Shots class at the local indoor range and now she asks me if I want to go with her to the range to practice. CWP is next though looks as that will have to wait as we will be moving from the PNW to East Coast (RTP in North Carolina) before we retire in Texas near Gun Barrel City.

Tripped over two before I married the one I'm with now. She's 15 years younger than me and I told her right when we began getting serious that the outdoors, hunting, fishing and shooting were my passions, and, oh yeah, outdoor photography. She bought into it and I've been very happy for 44 years with her.

I'm a pretty lucky guy. Mrs. Bisley is very pro-gun, enjoys to shoot and sometimes when I ask what she wants to do for the day... she says "let's go to the range". We compete in rimfire challenges together and she's pretty decent to boot. She grew up the daughter of a serious outdoorsman, but he never taught his daughters how to shoot. She's only shown a true interest in shooting within the last two years, but has made strides in her marksmanship and confidence. The more we go shoot, the more she seems to like it. I'm a proud hubby.

Mrs. E is pro gun, even more so than when we first got married. She votes pro gun. She also doesn't bemoan me spending on guns, so long as we always have our bills covered. I make it a point to never go overboard, and will sell a gun to buy a better gun, if necessary. Little Ms. E is about ready to go out and shoot some real guns with me. She got her first experience last year with a .410 and 20 gauge shotgun. I'm going to get her started with .22, maybe even get her to an Appleseed event down the road.

My wife was in a house with firearms as a kid. My first husband introduced her to shooting. When we got together I was an active hunter. When we started living together on of my first projects was to build a T/C Hawkin. I already had a Remington 1858 revolver. So the next step seemed to be a Rendevous. She enjoyed it and was shooting trail walks and events. Soon her own rifle. She owns a couple handguns and couple rifles. We raised our kids as shooters and my daughter is doing the same with her husband and the grand daughters.

She has never objected to me buying firearms as I have never done it with other then fun money. The Bill's have always come first.

When my wife and I met in higschool she was anti gun. She grew up in Portland and her brother was being recruited by gangs so her family moved out of the city, her mom was in the army but doesn't like guns, her brothers were more neutral, and she was against them because they scared her. When we started dating she didn't like that I had a gun safe full of guns in my room as a high schooler. I never was planning on giving up guns for her, so I had to convert her if I wanted to keep her. I tolerated her being anti gun, and after we graduated highschool (her in 2014, me in 15) she started seeing the real world and a need to have a gun at least at home. She never wanted to get her concealed carry because she never thought she would be able to take someone's life if it were to ever come down to it and her or our kids life is in danger. She stayed firm on that until she we moved to Longview and got followed at Walmart, she got her concealed carry within a week. She doesn't like how much I spend on guns and says I don't need another AR, I tell her she is wrong. But I also agree that we have more important stuff to buy before I buy another gun if it weren't for her, I would be in debt buying all the gun stuff I wanted (gotta be responsible some time lol) since we just bought a house and have a baby on the way, she said I can use next years tax return to buy one! (Don't tell her, but I will probably buy 1 or 2 without her knowing!)a She bought me my M&p 2.0 for my 21st birthday and she goes shooting with me on occasion. I would say that I slowlyand successfully converted her on guns. She doesn't like them as a hobby and hates how much I spend, but she knows we need them. She still doesn't like the politics though. She is still a liberal at heart and doesn't mind universal background checks or certain restrictions (she won't vote for them because I know they're bad but she doesn't understand why but trusts me) No matter what I haven't been able to change her mind on some of those though, but she also hates some of the incredibly stupid laws, like the bump stock ban or an SBR vs AR pistol. She is interesting, keeps me level headed, can have conversations about gun related purchases so that way I don't just impulse buy and have to convince her why the scope I want to buy is better than the scope I already have which I hate but I know it keeps me inline. And keeps me from making a purchase I might regret!

My ex-husband isn't into firearms at all... he tried to show interest because it's my interest. He did a gun safety class with me and got his CHL. Even went as far as to ask me to help him pick a handgun to carry.... but he never did, it sat in the safe. I started attending Project Appleseed events and became an instructor in training so I was gone on some weekends that he worked. When we divorced one of his claims was that "my guns" got in the way of our marriage o_O :s0123:

Here is the thing, when I made a commitment to a new firearm, I knew she was valuable, and I knew I had to pay to feed her, pay for her parts when needed, and clean up after her when she had fun.

I didn't sign up for all that and then some when I made a commitment to him :s0092: sooo was it "my guns":s0060:

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews