JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Let me know if you need any tools to get it together.

We'd really appreciate that Bryan. I'm mechanically inclined, have a bunch of tools. Just maybe not quite the right ones for the job. Mostly small automotive and small engine stuff.

My ex-wife... guns bad (my old-school BB gun was mostly tolerated, as were my inherited bolt-action hunting rifles, as long as they were stored away from her), motorcycles bad, facial hair bad.
My new wife... Paid for my MSF class as a birthday present (and encourages me to get out and ride now when the weather's good), loves my facial hair, and was in the Marines when she was younger (and loved shooting the rifles while she was in, though hasn't done much shooting since she was out).

We'd really appreciate that Bryan. I'm mechanically inclined, have a bunch of tools. Just maybe not quite the right ones for the job. Mostly small automotive and small engine stuff.
It's not too bad. Really the only main AR related tool needed is a castle nut wrench if you are only assembling a lower and buying a complete upper. A barrel nut wrench might be needed if you are assembling an upper, but most rail manufacturers send you one if it is proprietary. A vice block helps, but you can make your own using wood if needed.

Otherwise a torque wrench, if assembling the upper.

Roll pin specific punches help, but regular punches will do just fine.

Regular tools like a screwdriver or hex set and hammer are needed.

There isn't much to putting one together.

I am blessed as well. My wife wanted us to take the NRA pistol class 4 years ago for our anniversary gift to eath other. Since then we have picked up a 22 bolt action rifle that we use at a rifle club for the "turkey" shoot. I bought a 9mm, but she didn't really like it much, ended up buying her a GP100 357 revolver that she loves. I clean all of our guns after a trip to the range and reload our ammo. We also joined a local gun club and we both participate with the Hunter's Education. It is fun working with the kids.

Ron

My first wife, and mother to my kids was a weapons instructor in the IDF, so needless to say guns weren't a big problem for her, 'tho I will say she has taken a significant turn to the Left in recent years.
My wife today definitely was coming from a more Lefty background when we got together.
I've fixed that :cool:
She now sleeps with a GP100 next to her side of the bed, and understands much better these days my feelings about the 2nd ammendment and politics in general. She doesn't share my rage, but never-the-less agrees with me about 99% of the time these days.
I'll take that.

Met Wife 26 years ago. She had shot a .22 rifle before, owned no guns. I had sold my last .22 again, so bought a .22 pistol for her to learn on and a .38 for home. Then took her down and paid for her first CPL. For first many years she did gripe now and then about cost of the guns. Then about 15 or so back she started buying her own. Fist was a 10/22 Wally had a special run made for them. Came home and there is was. Now she has bought several that I did not even know she was looking at. Many years ago when I decided to buy a yearly membership at the local range it was the best money I ever spent. She started going on her own often when I was at work. Most of her family think we are some kind of aliens from another planet. Of course I hope it never happens but if one of them is a victim of crime they will probably be asking us for help. <shrug>

My wifes dad (or so he said) was into everything outdoors, until her mamma finally told her husband the guns gotta go.
Over time, by time my wife and I were married, everything her dad had gun related, was sold off. I guess. Sore subject. I never asked.
I grew up around them, so yes, I had a few kept in a safe I bought after we hitched. I stand by her, she stands by me.
We're doin something right. We're closing in on 3 decades together!!

Most, if not all of my graduating class have been married, with kids, divorced, re-married, with many doing several rewind/play life styles.

You really need an armorer's wrench and a good set of roll pin punches. Those save a lot of heartache and cuss words.

The Ex Fiancé loved to shoot. And was quite good at it. So I thought everything was fine. Then one day...out of the blue...I got the dreaded question! The conversation went like this...

Her: Just how many guns do you have anyway?

Me: :s0001:

Me: 14 sweetie! (and yes I realize those are rookie numbers)

Her: 14! Just what does anyone need 14 guns for anyway?

Me: *blink blink*

Her: Well I gueeeess it's ok...because you don't really spend money on much else

Me: (and this is probably where things started heading south) Um...Thanks. But I don't recall asking for your permission.

Her: *DEATH STARE!*

Me: *taking her hand and leading her to her closet* Sweetie, just how many pairs of black shoes do you have anyway?

Her: *hands on hips with DEATH STARE!*

Me: Let's count them shall we...1...2...17...26! You have 26 pairs of black shoes! Just what does anyone need 26 pairs of black shoes for anyway sweetie?

Her: *she's pissed as she turns and walks away*

Me: (calling after her) I'm so glad we had this conversation sweetie! I feel so much closer to you!

And while this isn't the only reason she's an Ex, it's certainly one of the big ones. Make sure you live with them BEFORE you walk down the aisle. You don't truly know someone until you live with them. :rolleyes:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads