JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Married young.

Taught my wife how to drive and shoot.

She bought me an Inox 92f for Christmas even though it was well beyond our agreed limit for gifts.

Loves to shoot my AR and G17. Is extremely proficient with them.

Last trip to the range the RSO told me "you better not make her mad" while she was stacking holes in the bullseye.

I shoot way more then she does and she is not into knowing much about guns I don't own which is fine, but I know that in the middle of the night or shtf that she has my back and I trust her.

25 years later and we are still inseparable.

***For years she was a bit peeved by my buying habit but that all changed when we hit financial bottom and she had 6 months left before she had her 4 year degree.

I sold almost every gun except my inherited ones for what I paid for them to get us buy.

I've not heard a single complaint now that I am starting to slowly acquire more things that go boom.

My wife was born in Idaho, grew up in the church, grew up around guns, likes the home security aspect, and occasionally shoots with me, but it's not on her top-25 list. Still, I feel very lucky to have her. I think urban women in the Pacific Northwest are mostly insufferable as partners. It's a little better down here in Salem than up in Multnomah County. When I was single I met a few country girls who were turned on by guns, so it's not impossible to find.

Our daughters who are now grown and gone from the house are staunchly anti-gun after Parkland. I had to reign my wife in after Parkland also, as many Mom's went off the res during this time. The images on Instagram have a powerful effect on emotional people. We live in the era of optics, and appearances, over substance. I personally think much of the content on Instagram is simply propaganda. Unfortunately people don't know their history, and thus they don't know what propaganda looks like... Things at home are fine for us now. The girls and I don't discuss firearms, and probably never will, but I'm praying they bring home the right boyfriend one of these days. He'll have to be a tough young man to stand up to them. Tough young men are also in short supply, in case anyone hasn't noticed.

I don't know about the Bay Area, but it's well to remember big swaths of Southern California are conservative. Southern California gave us two Republican Presidents, and also John Wayne. There is a big defense industry presence down there.. I know a lot of folks down in Orange County, and North San Diego County who hate what's happened to their state, and are angry as hell about it.

Speaking ONLY for myself they Bride and I have never kept a single thing from each other and it's worked for 44+ years and is still going strong. We purchase Firearms and we Purchase Fabric for her Quilting which she is VERY, VERY, VERY good at so it ALL works in this end. I'm getting ready to Sell off my Collection and she is helping me with that. It's Very Slow going because I have SOOOO many. They Colts will go first then the Smith and Wessons will get started. In between I'll put up a few Rifles and Shotguns that way there won't be a Dozen or more on this Market at any time!!! :):):)

i walked into the kitchen last night with a new shotgun... "hey babe, nice lookin 12ga" says my wife.

:D

her dads an Army vet, Hunter and gun enthusiast. she never was super into guns but grew up around them. she carries concealed and goes shooting with me every once in a while :)
Nice.
Sounds like mine. Usually something like "that's pretty, can I shoot it? ". But she's been a shooter all her adult life.

We met at work, trying to outdo each other until we decided we're better as a team. We still compete against each other, more aggressively than ever. But we're always on the same team and "guns" are a big part of our life. It's usually pressure from her that pushes me that last little bit to make a purchase. If she knows I want something she always tells me I should just buy it.

Yes, I'm blessed. No, I don't deserve it. I have no idea why God saw fit to give her such a trial as myself. But I'm very happy that he did.

9a185fa599c9f0a4b4d7c7f414df97be.jpg

My first marriage was for 28 years, 25 of which were hell. When the youngest turned 18 I filed for divorce. Two years later I married my present wife. That was 19 years ago. She had two young sons at the time, neither of which have ever been into guns. When we married she said that if I was going to have guns in the house I would need to keep them in a safe. She had never had any real contact with guns.

She's a moderate liberal. I'm Libertarian/classic liberal. I believe in the whole Bill of Rights. These days I have a large gun safe and it's full. My wife has gone from having no interest in guns to occasionally shooting and talking about getting a CHL.

For those of you who think it's hopeless finding a good woman in the PNW my message is hang in there. My wife was 26 when we met. I was 52. She's given me two wonderful daughters in our 19 years together. Her first marriage was a disaster. He was a typical male of his generation. He wanted a 2nd mommy with privileges, not a wife and family. He was happy to let her work so he had time to hang out with his friends, which included teenage girls. He was into drugs and would hold a job only long enough to get everyone off his back about being unemployed. Then he would quit. She got tired of this and divorced him. She found that most of the unattached guys her age were just like her ex. She could appreciate a man who felt obligated to support and defend his family, and to be a good citizen and a decent person. Age didn't matter to her. Dependability did. So here we are 19 years later.

Mine took a women's firearms class and knows how to operate them but has no interest in shooting much. She supports and is comforted by my owning and being proficient in them.

If me and her didnt work out, I can't see myself bothering to go through the PIA of trying to find someone else, so it would just be me and my right hand (which is extremely pro gun).

My spouse has a rifle and a pistol, trains with them both fairly often, and has and uses a carry permit. I am undeniably much more "into" guns, but we both share an understanding that owning and being proficient with firearms is necessary for safety and preparedness, and that's enough to keep me happy.

"When you give your lady a ring, you are saying I Love You.
When you give your lady a hand gun, you are saying...I trust your judgement, I want you to be safe, and I will Never do anything that makes you want to hurt me."

My wife is about the same as papersoldier's.

Yes, I'm blessed. No, I don't deserve it. I have no idea why God saw fit to give her such a trial as myself. But I'm very happy that he did.

^^^^These.

I'm from San Diego and, before that, Orange County. My ex was conservative enough, but a crazy b--ch. After the D I V O R C E, I met and started dating a tomboy gal. She was raised on a ranch here in the Grande Ronde valley. As such, she grew up with boys, and guns, and hunting, and conservative values. I used to think my folks were conservative, later on they were liberal, but I'm more libertarian. To me, the wife is far right and I've often got my mouth dropped open at her opinions.

However, she went fishing and hunting with me. She owned a sporterized M1 Carbine with a special mount and a Weaver fixed 4x that she used for deer. Although she didn't have a handgun, she wasn't against it and started Concealed Carry after a cougar crossed her path while out for her morning walk. Her EDC pistol was a ported .357 but started carrying a mouse gun later. Today, she is not that much interested in shooting, but still supports my habits and carries. I just wish I could get her to train more. She recently told me that I don't need anymore firearms, but recanted after I told her she doesn't need anymore shoes. I'm thankful she's not into jewelry!!!

I don't know about the Bay Area, but it's well to remember big swaths of Southern California are conservative. Southern California gave us two Republican Presidents, and also John Wayne. There is a big defense industry presence down there.. I know a lot of folks down in Orange County, and North San Diego County who hate what's happened to their state, and are angry as hell about it.

Yes, my ex's family and one of my former GFs still live there. They are conservative. But I'm surprised the OC flipped in the last election. Too many good people moving out? I have a brother that lives in Pismo, and my mom lives in Santa Maria... both liberal. I've learned not to discuss politics with them. My oldest brother lives in Las Vegas and can't seem to decide what political side of things he wants to be on, but his wife is terrified of guns to the point that she covered the grandkids eyes when I loaned my brother a shotgun. And objected to having it in the house. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: It's ok, he is belligerent and dominant like my dad was, so we are not on speaking terms. I'm too old to put up with that crud.

Last Edited:
Pretty much, when I buy a new gun, I have to buy her one also. I can't complain, because she does most of my reloading for me, got her a progressive for Christmas to speed things along. :cool:

My wife is middle of the road. Doesn't understand the desire I have to own one of everything or the time I put into shooting and now reloading but doesn't care that I do it. In her words better guns than drugs and women.

At one time she had the desire to get her CHL but things happened and she is not back to that point in her life and I will not push her to be something that she is not. Either way she is my soul mate and best friend and wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. She knows that I will do anything to protect her and the kids and is ok with me doing so.

My second marriage.
She's from Siberia, almost 8 years younger, has never being married before, former LE and likes to shoot her USP Compact 9mm and CZ 452, as well as all our other guns.

y_a8176747.jpg

Last Edited:
Last 5 arms that came thru the front door were hers.
Loves the outdoors
Hunts fowl and big game
Fishes
She likes to shoot.
Has zero interest in the mechanics of the piece itself, so for all my gun nerd needs, I come to places like this. Same for reloading.

My wife tolerates my interest but respects the defensive aspects of it, both CCW and on the home front. To maintain domestic tranquility we budget individual savings accounts from our overall net income and my firearm purchases are funded from there. I highly recommend this model for anyone that catches grief for firearm purchases.

Wifey, and myself for that matter, had no thoughts on guns one way or the other when we got together 10/31/87. Oh, I had a 10/22 that leaned up against the corner in the closet. In about 2009 Dad gave me his old, old junkers and a couple old shooters and that's when the gun interest came into the house. Wifey's the same pretty much, I'm in to 'em, so she is at about 50% my interest. She generally carries when not at work. Goes to the range. Shares my excitement with the old milsurp I've acquired in the last year, and shoots them some. Last time at the range she decided to shoot my scoped AR. She feels she really clicked with it and was excited to see a 2" group at 75 yards.

Flash to yesterday. Looks like she's going to have a brand new, fresh built, AR 15 of her very own seeing as Wifey won the NWFA lower on the giveaway. I've got her looking at PSA and Primary Arms for complete uppers, hand guards, adjustable stocks, etc. We/she will be needing some help getting parts so I can put it together. Was never planing on building an AR. I have ONE, that's enough for ME! I'd like to get an upper that would be more accurate than my plain white bread upper and barrel.

Wifey, and myself for that matter, had no thoughts on guns one way or the other when we got together 10/31/87. Oh, I had a 10/22 that leaned up against the corner in the closet. In about 2009 Dad gave me his old, old junkers and a couple old shooters and that's when the gun interest came into the house. Wifey's the same pretty much, I'm in to 'em, so she is at about 50% my interest. She generally carries when not at work. Goes to the range. Shares my excitement with the old milsurp I've acquired in the last year, and shoots them some. Last time at the range she decided to shoot my scoped AR. She feels she really clicked with it and was excited to see a 2" group at 75 yards.

Flash to yesterday. Looks like she's going to have a brand new, fresh built, AR 15 of her very own seeing as Wifey won the NWFA lower on the giveaway. I've got her looking at PSA and Primary Arms for complete uppers, hand guards, adjustable stocks, etc. We/she will be needing some help getting parts so I can put it together. Was never planing on building an AR. I have ONE, that's enough for ME! I'd like to get an upper that would be more accurate than my plain white bread upper and barrel.
Let me know if you need any tools to get it together.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR