JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will we follow the "European model" on this one?

BREAKING: European Commission to criminalize nearly all seeds and plants not registered with government

(NaturalNews) A new law proposed by the European Commission would make it illegal to "grow, reproduce or trade" any vegetable seeds that have not been "tested, approved and accepted" by a new EU bureaucracy named the "EU Plant Variety Agency."

It's called the Plant Reproductive Material Law, and it attempts to put the government in charge of virtually all plants and seeds. Home gardeners who grow their own plants from non-regulated seeds would be considered criminals under this law.

The draft text of the law, which has already been amended several times due to a huge backlash from gardeners, is viewable here. <broken link removed>

And here I thought the term "being seedy" was social, not criminal. I have heard libs say that Europe is a utopia where they all can live in peace. Yeah, just as long as they do exactly as the government says!

And here I thought the term "being seedy" was social, not criminal. I have heard libs say that Europe is a utopia where they all can live in peace. Yeah, just as long as they do exactly as the government says!

Freedom to choose is only a valid argument as long as you make the choice they want you to make, if they truly believed in freedom of choice they would support everyone's right to choose, like to bear and have or not to bear and have.

That is unenforceable in the home gardening world. Commercial farms on the other hand will most likely get inspected. It smells like Monsanto lobbing behind this law.

That is exactly what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus a way for the gooberment to get more of your moola in the way of a filing fee and administrative fee's, as well as to know who has what, when the time comes to steal from the people

Bi mart has a 50 percent off sale on all seeds.... i just bought 30 packs! i feel like such a criminal now :s0112:
Thats It. OSP is on its way. followed by the FBI,DHS,CIA,NSA,USMC,ATF,DEQ,DEA,and I just cant think of any more right now. You are in big trouble though.

Thats It. OSP is on its way. followed by the FBI,DHS,CIA,NSA,USMC,ATF,DEQ,DEA,and I just cant think of any more right now. You are in big trouble though.

:s0114: DEQ, love it

realistically, if this is really going to effect local small time farmers and home gardens the way they say it will, we could very well see the EU going to war with each other. the people there are in a much worse financial mess than we are.

It's about food control... food control = people control. This is getting out right scary. Demolish all heirloom seeds and feed the masses with hybrid-GMO-non heirloom seeds so we are all dependent on the system.

Great now we are going to have drones on 'kill missions' for little old lady's green houses. Can't control the meth problem in our country but they sure as heck want to control your food.

SF-

I have worked with seeds for many years and my main concern is what will happen to our plants in a few generations. This is plant eugenics. I'm just afraid that it will cause a major food shortage when an approved variety develops a disease or virus. Needless to say I keep my own "survival pack" of seeds. It's amazing how people think limiting choice is supposed to "protect" you. I might not complain though if they outlaw brusselsprouts.

It's about food control... food control = people control. This is getting out right scary. Demolish all heirloom seeds and feed the masses with hybrid-GMO-non heirloom seeds so we are all dependent on the system.

Great now we are going to have drones on 'kill missions' for little old lady's green houses. Can't control the meth problem in our country but they sure as heck want to control your food.

SF-

Meth users can't resist a starvation plan like the commies used in the Ukrainian Holomdor, where millions starved to death. Prepped home gardeners might

I thought Europe banned GMO seeds? Food control=people control is right. You guys should do some research on what the world governments are spraying on us via chemtrails. They are salting the earth with aluminum oxide, barium and an assortment of other toxic heavy metals. Monsato already has genetically modified seeds that are aluminum resistant. It's coming and not what you were expecting, sooner than we thought.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top