JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was just a matter of time, no surprise Chicago is the place.

Proposed medical marijuana rules: Your pot or your gun

Patients who want to qualify for medical marijuana in Illinois would have to be fingerprinted for a background check and pay $150 a year — and give up their right to own a gun, state officials proposed Tuesday.

So, if you live in Chicago and you're dumb enough to forfeit your 2nd Amendment rights, the state would allow you to buy up to 2.5 ounces every two weeks.

Most of the rules address how a patient can qualify for an ID card to buy up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana every two weeks — or more if a doctor certifies that it's necessary.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't that a lot of weed? 1.25 ounces a week sure sounds like a lot of smoking to me. In any case, I'm sure the liberal lawmakers in Oregon and Washington are wondering why they did not think of this idea first. Don't be surprised if the feds start talking this way. For all we know, this could already be buried in the fine print within obozocare. :s0131:

Sounds like a good idea to me. As soon as they start doing the same with pain killers, anti-seizure meds, sleeping pills, and alcohol. Would need a BI and special permission card from the government for all of them.

That is a lot of weed to be smoking in two weeks, however I believe a good number of folks actually using it for medicine turn the ganja into oils, butters, etc. which requires a good deal of plant material to be input. As I understand it. Either way, who cares if they have two pounds per week or per day? There is no such thing as a right or a power to legislate what other people put into their bodies. Neither is self defense a negotiable right to be taken, granted or altered by anyone.

Chicago--the vipers nest of modern global collectivism.

The entire pot thing will cost you your gun rights eventually.
Best bet, just stay the hell away from it.
But don't complain if you don't listen.
Even legalized you will have to choose one or the other.
They already planned that one.

You already cannot purchase a firearm in Oregon with a medical marijuana card, If you answer the paper honestly that is....

Not true, for now, we still have the ability to buy face-to-face and there is no paperwork or questions. What you say is true for all firearms bought through an FFL and that is in all 50 states, not just Oregon.

Not true, for now, we still have the ability to buy face-to-face and there is no paperwork or questions. What you say is true for all firearms bought through an FFL and that is in all 50 states, not just Oregon.

You better fight Senate Bill 1551 in Oregon right now or that goes away too.

You better fight Senate Bill 1551 in Oregon right now or that goes away too.
The actions in Illinois are an excellent example of a temper tantrum by the anti-gun crowd. If they don't get their way, then it's just "common sense" that someone, somewhere must compromise and pay, regardless if there's a connection or not.

What do you mean "legally"?. they are doing it right now in CO as I stated.. plus, it was/is a joke, especially if you are referring to federal law. nevermind

It is Federal law that sets what can and cannot be legally purchased with SNAP (food stamp) benefits. As I work in retailer SNAP compliance, I can say without any doubt whatsoever that medical marijuana (or any drugs, legal or illegal, including vitamins and other food supplements) cannot be legally purchased with SNAP benefits. That said, I can also state without any doubt whatsoever that it is being done illegally in all 50 states.

Our benevolent progressive leaders in Salem and D.C. who care about our health so much want to legalize weed? I think they're blowing smoke up our arsses fellows. It's a win win for the govt. just like tobacco and booze. If you don't believe that you're stoned!

Wait to see how much your weed habits gonna cost you after they tax and regulate the hell out of it, I'll bet it triples in price! Uncle Sam needs more revenue for his social programs.

Also just like tobacco, breathing smoke kills you faster so you won't be a burden on Obamacare in old age. Who needs death panels?

Admit you're on the weed and they take your right to own a gun, and maybe sooner than later your DL.! Hello mass transit, It's good for the planet right? Cars are for old white guys anyway.

It's all about control, control, control. So spark up another one and keep voting progressive. There's a reason some call it a Nanny State. They want to keep us as infintile and dependent on them as possible and its working.

Each passing generation seems to mature a little slower and take less and less personal resposibility. Our nation is getting fatter, dumber and more medicated. That's O.K. though. The Dems care about us, I heard they want to make fast food jobs into a living wage! If only they just get elected one more time right! Just one more time......just one more time......utopia is just over the next hill.

The actions in Illinois are an excellent example of a temper tantrum by the anti-gun crowd. If they don't get their way, then it's just "common sense" that someone, somewhere must compromise and pay, regardless if there's a connection or not.

I usually want to slap some sense into people who talk about "common sense reforms".

However, if you as a seller are aware of any reason the person you are selling to is not eligible to buy the firearm, then you are breaking the law by selling that firearm to them.

Some people, myself included, are now having a buyer fill out the questions on something similar to the 4473 to protect ourselves down the line if the transaction is later questioned.

Unless you know the buyer personally, and I don't mean just from their posts on a firearms forum - you don't really know if you are selling to a strawman, a gang banger, a convicted felon, a drug addict, some crazy, someone the BATF has put up to trying to entrap you or a person reporter from 60 minutes who wants to put a video of you selling your AK on prime time TV.

If you have them jump through the hoops, maybe even surreptitiously videotape the transaction yourself, then if the transaction comes back at you, you have a better chance in court - whether it is trial court or the court of public opinion.

Yes, this is what we have come to in this modern world. Protect yourself - it is interesting that some people who carry a pistol for self-defense won't protect themselves with something as simple as having a buyer sign a piece of paper.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top