JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Use Brave browser and duck duck go. You'll never see an ad again or be tracked. I use an old flip phone pre gps for texts, laptop for emails using a Swiss server with encryption with tape over the camera, I can make emails disappear in recipients inboxes in hours or days, my choice. No way I would ever use an iphone/android.
I startpage.com and duckduckgo on my phone and PC'S.
When I'm not using my old Nokia I'm using a BlackBerry
Passport OS10.

1539232366721.jpg

Just like the fb addicted, s.p. participants often admit they're hooked by algorithms deliberately placed to reward the brain like dopamine, but 'can't, just can't stop' worshipping their s.p. no matter the cost (and I don't mean moola) or circumstance...

Currently, I watch the cop show "PD Live", but unlike the old law enforcement show "Cops" when LEO's would do a traffic stop, the miscreants were usually clutching a pack of cigarettes and a cheap lighter, now they're clutching a s.p. and can't seem to stop talking on it while a lot of the LEO's let them continue with their conversations, but not all. Some LEO's have no patience for this nonsense.

A few of the these petty criminals will fight the cops rather then abandon their phones.

This is a sign of a new kind of illness...these poor wretches are s.p. zombies...

I don't know, man... I don't get a lot of ads for the things I talk about. I do feel like I get ads for things I THINK about though.

What I can't figure out is why the same Ashley Madison ad keeps populating on this site. I'm not married and dating a wonderful woman. No idea why a website for cheating married people is frequently on this site.

Those ads come up on my computer here too.

We only have a LAND LINE, no cellular telephones, no boob tube connection and use a simple OTA tiny antenna next to the Sony television, we do have a CABLE CONNECTION for the internet, and I am the main user (99.9%) of this laptop computer, I don't use those websites and my husband does not either. He has his tiny computer with many news links and ads come up on almost all of them too. From a to z. Same as on mine.

The only time they don't come up or RARELY COME UP is if you use another browser like the OLD Firefox with tons of ad blockers and so forth.

I had to take off Firefox again due to some issues with my computer and their software.

The cellular telephones and SOFTWARE links even on your computer where you TURN OFF the sound/microphone and tape over a camera... don't always work right from what I have been told. I TURN OFF THE MICROPHONE. I ALWAYS PUT PAPER OVER THE CAMERA WITH LOTS OF TAPE. I don't even know how those things work since I NEVER USED a microphone or a camera on any computer since I got online in the 90's. My late husband and my MT husband never used them either.

I do turn on the sound to LISTEN to a You Tube or another news link for a movie or a debate but when it is OVER - I TURN OFF THE SOUND button.

Cate

So the govt has had the tech to do it since phones were invented, but I wonder if the govt sold out and made a profit selling the tech to companies for ads?

They (.gov) LET or approved your ISP provider to be able to sell some of your 'data' or where you browse to some companies. That was one year or so. Some people tried to BLOCK IT but they let it go through because it GENERATED MONEY to the ISP companies. So Charter/Spectrum/etc. can do this and they DO IT NOW for a fact.

I know when I look at some financial LINKS online even though I don't USE THOSE COMPANIES and I NEVER DO ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS ONLINE or at HOME with a bank, credit union, order something, etc. - I will sometimes get ads for those businesses on MY computer even on OVERSEAS NEWS WEBSITES not just stateside!

Another example: If I LOOKED at something from Maine and I decided to buy it - I always called the company and spoke to a human being. That was many years ago.

Plus, I will sometimes get a paper mailing from a company just because I LOOKED at some .gov information about Medicare when I applied for my Official (NOT private pension or military survivor one.) Retirement at 66 plus years old. I never HEARD of those medical insurance companies and some of them came from Montana and some came from other states!

I got some crapola from anti gun AARP and they were sending me several LARGE and small mailings PER WEEK. I had to call them a few times ALL OVER AGAIN and tell them that I had stopped their mailings years ago when I hit 55 years old and I should not have to do it again. I know people who love them and use them - no problem. I don't.

They (AARP and other places!) sent some stuff to my LATE husband who was already DEAD many years ago too. So they LOOK at private/public data bases PLUS they look at your internet browsing or searches on private and .gov websites too.

They look at US mail too. Change of address forms. When I moved HERE from being in the same house for over 30 years with my late husband, married longer than that, but in the house they we built - our first house, I moved within the first year after he had died. So when I made out ALL of the change of address forms to specific places and for any other thing that MIGHT FLOAT IN for both of us PLUS I notified the USPO. USPO - I put down MY name AND my late husband's name so I would NOT miss anything important even though the estate was closed and all bills including medical bills were PAID IN FULL. TAXES were paid. I needed to do this for state and federal taxes too. Old and new states.

SOME of us may remember that the USPO has the option to SELL YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS too. Even if you OPT OUT officially and use a USPO BOX for security - you can get some mail in your name or to your PO BOX address from PLACES where you never shopped or LOOKED UP in state or out of state! I rarely get junk mail but when I do - I try to stop it immediately. They send stuff to a mail box (Subdivision/city or even on a rural country road.) at a physical address sometimes even if you have it ALL sent to your PO BOX too. They use the physical location and almost 100% of it is junk mail or flyer stuff.

(I wrote letters after I made telephone calls so that all of my T's were crossed and my I's were dotted just in case some 'person' could not follow directions properly BEFORE I moved. Sometimes, I have had to do it again and here (MT) just because I moved and built this house even though almost all of my mail went to a PO BOX @ a PO Station!)

The data brokers (I loathe them!) LOOK up data on public places like the DMV (I do not drive or own a truck and a car any longer but my husband does.) and they LOOK up your county records on home ownership. They sell that too. He gets ads for trucks and cars. I get ads from a few RE agents. (Leads?! LOL) I have agents who want to get my business because some of my neighbors have sold their houses for good money in a day or so. I CALL THEM and ask them if it came from the county or who SOLD IT TO THEM too?! I tell them to cease and desist and IF I choose to sell my house - I will do it alone or call several agents and get some appraisals!

They sell VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION to all kinds of places and not just to BUYERS for political candidates. ALL of that should be illegal - selling that PRIVATE INFO to someone who is NOT a candidate but they do it. Many years ago, 2000?, people in the UK and all over the world but mainly in the UK BOUGHT my former county/state records - VOTER LISTS and names/addresses and some of them were PRINTED in stateside and overseas newspapers. They looked up their telephone numbers and some journalists (LOL) called people in my former rural county too! (I was never called and I had never missed one election since I was able to vote back there.)

People should be asked if they want to OPT IN and they should not have to kill themselves to OPT OUT especially if people don't even follow through with the OPT OUT requests. Computer, telephone of any type, ISP, county/state/federal records, business and private dealings with the USPO or any other thing - entity!!!

MONTANA SELLS hunting/fishing license information to sporting goods stores and to any OTHER PLACE that wants to BUY IT. I tracked this with my former Montana fishing license and my husband did too (With my help!). HE HAD TO GO TO THE HQ and tell them every single time IF he bought ALL of his fishing/hunting licenses there which is most of the time to NOT, not and not TO SELL IT. They still sell it and they do not even TELL YOU or ASK YOU IF YOU WANT IT SOLD! NO kidding! A LOT of people did not even know that but many OTHER STATES SELL the same stuff that MT sells so it is not just in my former state or HERE. He and I got magazines from places that we NEVER heard of or bought from - from all over the country when it came to hunting/fishing/etc. companies!

We thought that he had ID theft all over again even though he had a HUGE alert on, with the police, in court and FTC reports! Scary and it was corrected but if you ever went through that crapola with a stranger or a former relative - it is a royal pain in the butt! In MY OPINION - them selling your stuff - ANY state without your permission/instructions - it IS a type of ID theft!

Cate
Added more and typos!

Last Edited:
PS: If my land line was listened to today with my talk about, gasp, GUNS, checking out FFL to FFL prices, and some future gifts to be made through FFL dealers, all legal, they (NSA or whoever!) must have been bored silly. Our friend was on a cellular telephone and he went through several states, back east, while talking to me today AND yesterday.

I did learn that the 'shipping/insurance' fee plus the other INITIAL FEE - transfer fee was not cheap and you don't get any type of a FEE discount if you gift more than one gun to the same one person in another state. NO discount fee from a MT FFL dealer when it goes out and the dealer back there charges another FEE per gun. I did get to talk to my former gun store people even if C was not there when I called!

NSA - Twilight Zone music fades out...

Cate
Typo!

Last Edited:
I don't get ads on my phone, presumably because I only use it for talking to people, sending text, and getting directions. Reading this thread makes me glad I turn it off when I go to bed.:eek::rolleyes:

What is a text?!

I have had people tell me that they TEXTED ME instead of calling me (Business.) and I said that I had a LAND LINE and why would they assume that I had a device that accepted typed messages?

They said they sent it and I said that LAND LINES, old fashioned telephones, don't have a thing on them for messages and the person did NOT even understand what I told them until 3 sentences later!

I said that I never got a reply after 2 days and 'she' insisted that she replied. LOL I said that if SHE did this to all of her customers with NO returned telephone call that she might lose some business. She said that she was at a 'game' when she texted me.

I did not say but THOUGHT that she should just wait until she got HOME or to her OFFICE and reply in a proper manner. Plus do a follow up call and actually RETURN a call.

Cate

Yes and no. The govt has been quite busy over the last decade building absolutely HUGE data centers around the country. Every single communication across the Web in the US is Hoovered up and stored in them. Not just emails, texts, social media postings, etc, but everything that every individual surfs and searches for on the Web.
For what purpose? I don't really think it's about money. I believe that they farmed off a lot of tech as a diversion. When You hear about the problems that the social media giants are having, they are merely taking up space in the headlines. I believe that this is all a precursor and intended to serve AI when it goes full throttle. Step up to the screen and confess your sins if you want food and warmth.

^^^

THIS is a fact but many people don't pay attention to this kind of REAL aka TRUE NEWS!

They have been built all OVER the country!

I would say more about this and foreign entities but I will leave it right there.

Cate

What is a text?!

I have had people tell me that they TEXTED ME instead of calling me (Business.) and I said that I had a LAND LINE and why would they assume that I had a device that accepted typed messages?

They said they sent it and I said that LAND LINES, old fashioned telephones, don't have a thing on them for messages and the person did NOT even understand what I told them until 3 sentences later!

I said that I never got a reply after 2 days and 'she' insisted that she replied. LOL I said that if SHE did this to all of her customers with NO returned telephone call that she might lose some business. She said that she was at a 'game' when she texted me.

I did not say but THOUGHT that she should just wait until she got HOME or to her OFFICE and reply in a proper manner. Plus do a follow up call and actually RETURN a call.

Cate

This is business 2019. I have my property listed for sale. I have had 8 showings in the last 10 days. Not one of these realtors was able to call me and thank me for the showing or give feedback. 1 texted me. One left the curtains open after I asked (texted) him to close them since we were out of town. He did not, and said oh my bad when I asked why not.

Listening skills are severely lacking on a lot of the population now days. People I do business with think I give a rats azz they are soooo busy, they forgot to call me back, they were at a "game", they have to tell me the story. I don't care. Do your job and save the story for somebody who cares.

This is business 2019. I have my property listed for sale. I have had 8 showings in the last 10 days. Not one of these realtors was able to call me and thank me for the showing or give feedback. 1 texted me. One left the curtains open after I asked (texted) him to close them since we were out of town. He did not, and said oh my bad when I asked why not.

Listening skills are severely lacking on a lot of the population now days. People I do business with think I give a rats azz they are soooo busy, they forgot to call me back, they were at a "game", they have to tell me the story. I don't care. Do your job and save the story for somebody who cares.

^^^

THIS x 1 million!!!

I notice it in specific professions especially the one that you mentioned. Real estate. And if I call someone (RE) LONG DISTANCE where I am looking all over again since my MT husband retired... their VOICE MAIL IS FULL. They don't check them, they don't clear them OUT and they may reply to you over a week or more about it when you finally do get someone. EXCUSES! Plus they said they did not check their office messages. So WHY do they LIST that one telephone number for ALL of their listing spots?!

Plus some of their houses were NOT cheap either and the poor seller WONDERS WHY his house is on the market UP NORTH-REMOTE for ages when they have a 'whatever' for an agent? I am not talking about LOOKEY LEWS who don't want to buy.

I am talking about my husband (He was born/raised here and I was not.) and I who KNOW THE AREA, are VERY interested in buying up there and we would like to SEE something on a specific day (We ARE flexible since we are now retired.) since it is a LONG drive up there and so forth.

When he was working, we would bust our butt to get up there, LONG drive one way, get there and there is another agent who knows NO lot lines- not marked properly, the main ! agent wanted the weekend off, and he tells the other one that he will be back on Monday or Tuesday. We had it all planned AHEAD OF TIME, I am really picky about this STUFF, we drove UP there, paid for a motel, meals, drove back and my poor husband never had normal days off most of the time, he had a 24/7 HIGH stress job, and so forth. SO it was a wasted trip.

I don't know if it is the WESTERN part of the country or my old age or MODERN BUSINESS but I have NEVER SEEN or dealt with so many incompetent people in many fields and people who do a bunch of other things that I am NOT used to seeing/hearing. And meanwhile - no one gives a rat's @@@ because the market may be good in some areas and THEY ONLY WANT THE MONEY. Meanwhile the older people or some 'estate' wants to SELL in a remote area or small rural town and they wonder why it has not sold!

Thank you. Best wishes on your sale too!

Cate

My born and raised Montana husband said it is not a western thing. I complain about how I SEE things done poorly and he tells me that is how he has had to deal with MANY people out there in several businesses.

He said that IT was never like that before. We are in our late 60's.

He said that if those careless people worked where he used to work that they would be warned and FIRED if they kept up with their bs.

Cate

What I can't figure out is why the same Ashley Madison ad keeps populating on this site. I'm not married and dating a wonderful woman. No idea why a website for cheating married people is frequently on this site.

Same ads here, but you can get rid of them. I'm using IE 11 as my browser. If I go up to "Tools", click on "Internet Options", then click the "Security" tab and push the security level tab up to "high" that will be the end of those ads. Unfortunately, then most videos will not work, so I copy the link and open them in Google Chrome instead of IE.

It also means that to "like" a comment you have to click it twice, and when typing a comment like I'm doing now, you can't see the options for bold, underline, and the various smiley faces. You can type them in manually though, like this:

:)

Cate,

I love your posts.

I too have a land line and if someone wants to do business with me they have to speak to me.

I don't care if 'texting' is more convenient for them.

I'm going to do business without the bother of receiving or sending 'texts'. I find the very idea of 'texting' inefficient and frankly not something I'm compelled to do.

If a business person cares for my business, I'm the customer, not their employee...either we speak like human beings have done for eons or that business person can do without my business.

Sounds like I'm a crusty curmudgeon?

Yes, I am - Care to make money doing business with me?

Conform to 'my way of doing business' or get lost.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my personal MD. We talked about many things about old age including hearing loss.

He recommended another track path to obtaining good hearing aids. that do not cost a ton of money. Nice guy, personal friend and a great doctor. Anyhow, today, when I log onto my thinkin dinkum, (computer) guess what I quickly see?

MULTIPLE pop up aid advertising HEARING AIDS! WTF!!! Yikes! How did they know? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top