JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Usually I turn off cookies on my phone browser when surfing. I only turn them on when I have to log into a site. So I forget to turn them off and several and ads pop up immediately. Usually ads that pop up are related to searches made and key words that are mentioned in texts and emails which your wireless carrier ducks up and sells.
This time I know for a fact that I never discussed any of these things via physical phone input. However, the only association I had with them was in three separate conversations with my kids. All I can conclude is that my conversation was picked up from the microphone on my phone.
I am so sick of this ducking bullbubblegum. I really can't wait for a big ducking Internet EMP.

IMG_20190501_135445.png IMG_20190501_135406.png IMG_20190501_135102.png

I've had the same thing happen to me and my coworkers.

We were sitting around talking about a subject, then a couple of us got pop up ads for them on our phones. It's super creepy and unsettling.

What I can't figure out is why the same Ashley Madison ad keeps populating on this site. I'm not married and dating a wonderful woman. No idea why a website for cheating married people is frequently on this site.

Usually I turn off cookies on my phone browser when surfing. I only turn them on when I have to log into a site. So I forget to turn them off and several and ads pop up immediately. Usually ads that pop up are related to searches made and key words that are mentioned in texts and emails which your wireless carrier ducks up and sells.
This time I know for a fact that I never discussed any of these things via physical phone input. However, the only association I had with them was in three separate conversations with my kids. All I can conclude is that my conversation was picked up from the microphone on my phone.
I am so sick of this ducking bullbubblegum. I really can't wait for a big ducking Internet EMP.

View attachment 575184 View attachment 575185 View attachment 575186

I got this...

drudgesnip1.JPG

I just use my phone as a *gasp* phone.
If I'm not using it, it is turned off.
I know, that's sacrilegious, but I dare to be different.
Don't worry, when they roll out 5G your/ours current phone will be obsolete. 5G will be a privacy nightmare.
My favorite phone that I like to pop my Sim card in is my trusty Nokia 8890 circa 2002. It will phone call and SMS but not much else. It's got to the Snake game and alarm clock.

Nokia_8890.jpg

I don't get ads on my phone, presumably because I only use it for talking to people, sending text, and getting directions. Reading this thread makes me glad I turn it off when I go to bed.:eek::rolleyes:

I don't run ads.

I have specific VPN to avoid. Besides, nothing but camera and two other apps have access to the microphone and cookies stay in the kitchen.

I don't get ads on my phone, presumably because I only use it for talking to people, sending text, and getting directions. Reading this thread makes me glad I turn it off when I go to bed.:eek::rolleyes:
That phone will be a door stop when they roll out 5G. The one they give as a replacement will be a certified listening device that will eavesdrop even when it is turned off, like many already do now. 5G will be a privacy game changer, for those who don't think things are bad now.

I believe this as well.

I was in a meeting of our local watershed council a couple years ago where we had a guest speaker discussing the local flora and fauna.

During the presentation, the topic turned to discussion of the "rough skinned newt". I wasn't exactly sure what a rough skinned newt was so I reached for my smart phone.

I typed in "rough s" and it immediately prompted up "rough skinned newt". Not "rough skin" , or "rough sports", or "rough sex"........rough skinned newt.

Tin foil hat aside, I truly think the phone listens. :D

E

Turn off microphone permissions on the apps in your phone.
The fact that you have to turn off microphone permissions should say something already. I all this stuff now with the 4G LTE smart phones and the OS's that run on them is just a test run.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top