JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While visiting my daughter she showed me her "amazing" new Google assistant.
When I told her she,"better watch what you say around it", she told me I was paranoid. I started talking with her about how much I wanted to buy some new scuba gear (don't want any, really, it's about the last thing I'd ever want!)....
.....a few days later she calls me and says, "thanks a lot, now I'm getting all kinds of ads for swimfins, wetsuits, and diving vacations! I asked her if she unplugged her spy,and she said no..Why..?..

I give up:s0054:

While visiting my daughter she showed me her "amazing" new Google assistant.
When I told her she,"better watch what you say around it", she told me I was paranoid. I started talking with her about how much I wanted to buy some new scuba gear (don't want any, really, it's about the last thing I'd ever want!)....
.....a few days later she calls me and says, "thanks a lot, now I'm getting all kinds of ads for swimfins, wetsuits, and diving vacations! I asked her if she unplugged her spy,and she said no..Why..?..

I give up:s0054:

I feel the same pain with my "adult" kids..... you can't fix stupid. :rolleyes:

I have had a significant bilateral hearing loss since birth, almost 60 years ago, and have been wearing hearing aids for almost that long. I have never had insurance coverage for hearing aids as an adult, and pay for them out of pocket. For about the past twenty years or so, I have been buying my aids at Costco. You get the same audiology workup and support as you do at a private practice, and the hearing aids cost about half of what they do at a private practice. I write a check to Costco for about $ 3000 every 3-5 years, and think it is a good value. Costco is the second-largest hearing aid supplier in the USA, exceeded only by the Veterans Administration.

Why have smart-aleck electronics in your home?

Or it's equivalent?

Do people 'enjoy' being monitored?

They can't claim ignorance of it's not so stealthy monitoring when proof is right there to see...

But then, the people who are convinced 'smart-aleck electronics' or their equal carry so-called monitoring 'smart phones'.

I get my hearing appliances from VA. Wife got hers from HearingPlanet.com but friends bought at Costco... I think we will do that next time. She doesn't want to put $$ out til her hearing loss settles down... I told her it won't if you don't keep up with hearing therapy/aids. :rolleyes:

I keep getting ads and pictures of big brested wimen and "dating" sites... why is that?

Why have smart-aleck electronics in your home?

Or it's equivalent?

Do people 'enjoy' being monitored?

I would say "Yes they do."
This is the "Me me me, it's all about me" generation.
They are so important in their own mind that they can't imagine others not wanting
to talk to them, to know what they are doing or being left out.
And like most modern day Snowflakes they are completely oblivious as to what
is going on around them except for their narrow view of their surroundings they occupy.
Try convincing one of them their cute little toy listens to them.
I've seen deer in the headlights look more intelligent.

I would say "Yes they do."
This is the "Me me me, it's all about me" generation.
They are so important in their own mind that they can't imagine others not wanting
to talk to them, to know what they are doing or being left out.
And like most modern day Snowflakes they are completely oblivious as to what
is going on around them except for their narrow view of their surroundings they occupy.
Try convincing one of them their cute little toy listens to them.
I've seen deer in the headlights look more intelligent.

I'm 66yrs old. I went in the USCG when I was 23. During my time at USCG Aviation Electronics school, one of the salty old master chiefs kept calling us baby boomers the "me generation"... I wonder what he would think now.

BTW, Pop Music sucks now. Gimme Classic Rock or gimme death!!!

I'm grateful it's not big breasted men pretending to be female...blech!

This is one that is on my forum sidebar:

Ak4A0DwkwlYAWBfcAKAAQGIAQGdAQAAgD-oAQGwAYCt4gS4AV_FAS2ynT4&rs=AOga4qkqulzDoWAx7fNSW2v1_VUJ7XOBtA.png

Since discussing Henry's new side loading rifle here, I get this ad all over the place, especially on Breitbart where it's the only ad that shows up.
I'm not really inclined to ever buy a Henry now.

IMG_20190513_062303.png

Since discussing Henry's new side loading rifle here, I get this ad all over the place, especially on Breitbart where it's the only ad that shows up.
I'm not really inclined to ever buy a Henry now.

View attachment 578932

I got it over there and on some other forums and news websites too.

I am seeing more strange things (Ads!) on stateside and foreign sites lately too. Big brother has invaded my computer some more with my searches on home furnishings, books, movies, etc.

Creepy!

Cate

The majority of so-called smart phone users just can't give them up no matter the terrible consequences of using them may be - opioid addicts aren't our only 'addicts'.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top