JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well their narrative is close. They say that goober and bookface save every click that you make, which we already know. In my case, the ads I saw were a immediate response to an actual recent non electronic voice conversation with no clicking or searching involved. The conversation triggered the ads.

I have one computer that has a web cam. I have a piece of electrical tape over it. :D

What I can't figure out is why the same Ashley Madison ad keeps populating on this site. I'm not married and dating a wonderful woman. No idea why a website for cheating married people is frequently on this site.
Supporting membership here will rid you of ads. ;)

I believe this as well.

I was in a meeting of our local watershed council a couple years ago where we had a guest speaker discussing the local flora and fauna.

During the presentation, the topic turned to discussion of the "rough skinned newt". I wasn't exactly sure what a rough skinned newt was so I reached for my smart phone.

I typed in "rough s" and it immediately prompted up "rough skinned newt". Not "rough skin" , or "rough sports", or "rough sex"........rough skinned newt.

Tin foil hat aside, I truly think the phone listens. :D

E

I have experienced this as well; thought it was a fluke, but it appears not.

So the govt has had the tech to do it since phones were invented, but I wonder if the govt sold out and made a profit selling the tech to companies for ads?
Yes and no. The govt has been quite busy over the last decade building absolutely HUGE data centers around the country. Every single communication across the Web in the US is Hoovered up and stored in them. Not just emails, texts, social media postings, etc, but everything that every individual surfs and searches for on the Web.
For what purpose? I don't really think it's about money. I believe that they farmed off a lot of tech as a diversion. When You hear about the problems that the social media giants are having, they are merely taking up space in the headlines. I believe that this is all a precursor and intended to serve AI when it goes full throttle. Step up to the screen and confess your sins if you want food and warmth.

Said I wanted a cheeseburger the other day, my locked screen had a suggestion for google maps which directed me to the nearest burger place...
These companies took a step too far!

PS: not a minute after I posted this, I saw an add for saving money on freaking cheeseburgers... not even kidding!

Usually I turn off cookies on my phone browser when surfing. I only turn them on when I have to log into a site. So I forget to turn them off and several and ads pop up immediately. Usually ads that pop up are related to searches made and key words that are mentioned in texts and emails which your wireless carrier ducks up and sells.
This time I know for a fact that I never discussed any of these things via physical phone input. However, the only association I had with them was in three separate conversations with my kids. All I can conclude is that my conversation was picked up from the microphone on my phone.
I am so sick of this ducking bullbubblegum. I really can't wait for a big ducking Internet EMP.

View attachment 575184 View attachment 575185 View attachment 575186
Use Brave browser and duck duck go. You'll never see an ad again or be tracked. I use an old flip phone pre gps for texts, laptop for emails using a Swiss server with encryption with tape over the camera, I can make emails disappear in recipients inboxes in hours or days, my choice. No way I would ever use an iphone/android.

Yes and no. The govt has been quite busy over the last decade building absolutely HUGE data centers around the country. Every single communication across the Web in the US is Hoovered up and stored in them. Not just emails, texts, social media postings, etc, but everything that every individual surfs and searches for on the Web.
For what purpose? I don't really think it's about money. I believe that they farmed off a lot of tech as a diversion. When You hear about the problems that the social media giants are having, they are merely taking up space in the headlines. I believe that this is all a precursor and intended to serve AI when it goes full throttle. Step up to the screen and confess your sins if you want food and warmth.
It's called having an "illegal synapses". Wait for it, it's coming.

I have one computer that has a web cam. I have a piece of electrical tape over it. :D
Depending on your computer system.

The fruit company laptops have a physical disconnect inside the chip that prevents the camera power from being activated (in new models) and older designs run the green LED to the left in unison with the camera being powered. Lights on, camera is rolling. (See this link about the new chipset)

My favorite though is windows. Everything about security is out the window. Tape that $hit up!

I believe this as well.

I was in a meeting of our local watershed council a couple years ago where we had a guest speaker discussing the local flora and fauna.

During the presentation, the topic turned to discussion of the "rough skinned newt". I wasn't exactly sure what a rough skinned newt was so I reached for my smart phone.

I typed in "rough s" and it immediately prompted up "rough skinned newt". Not "rough skin" , or "rough sports", or "rough sex"........rough skinned newt.

Tin foil hat aside, I truly think the phone listens. :D

E
Now I've had that happen to me

Yet, I read almost nothing of folks abandoning their so-called smart phones.

So much complaint, so much addiction...

Honestly, you can live without a s.p. - Get rid of it/them or suffer the consequences.

Supporting membership here will rid you of ads. ;)

But then the pretty girls will go away...

amonpnw.JPG

It use to be that most of those "pretty women" on Ashley Madison are dudes pretending to be hot women. https://gizmodo.com/the-fembots-of-ashley-madison-1726670394

re: "
I just use my phone as a *gasp* phone.
If I'm not using it, it is turned off.
I know, that's sacrilegious, but I dare to be different."

Doesn't matter, turn it off if you wish but you still get tracked and most likely recorded as well.

The youngsters trust modern electronic communication implicitly and say it's my paranoia and it's a non issue.

I can be discussing a product with my wife in the privacy of my home, when voila! I get a pop up ad for the product we're discussing, or when I'm searching for something we've recently discussed, auto-fill shows me what I'm looking for after just a couple letters are typed in.o_O I'm not so sure it's just coincidence.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top