JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How happy and fulfilled are you by your significant other?

• I wish I was with someone else 2.5/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Reactions
I wanted to create this poll to get an idea of how satisfied men (and the few women in here) are with their significant other relationships. What better way than a basically anonymous place to answer. If it's poor rating, what would you want fixed in the relationship? Don't be shy. Is it the constant nagging, lack of sex?

I'm asking because I know far too many people miserable including myself on occasion. I'm trying to see what the root problems are that people face and also successes that make people happy.

Me personally, 7.5 out of 10. We both have solid careers and an excellent income. The bickering about absolutely stupid things and nagging get old. She doesn't like it when I say she is being a nag (because she is) sometimes. I also point out how she can be a hypocrite and does the exact same things she nags on me about and then the fireworks really fly, lol

Last Edited:
If you ask me I would say it's 7.5 but if you ask my other half, she would have a lower number. Unfortunately in life (including relationships) some people have higher expectations than others. Life isn't a Hallmark movie no matter how many hours you watch the channel every week.

Edit: I got up at 3:30 this morning like most weekend mornings. It is the only peace and quiet from the TV I will get once the other half wakes up.

If you ask me I would say it's 7.5 but if you ask my other half, she would have a lower number. Unfortunately in life (including relationships) some people have higher expectations than others. Life isn't a Hallmark movie no matter how many hours you watch the channel every week.
I concur. Lol

too easy,,,

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 11.31.51 AM.png

How about our satisfaction as single people? Sometimes I think I want an SO, then I remember I'm just cold or horny. I like the IDEA of one but I just can't bring myself to sacrifice my freedom and argue about the dishes. Almost every attached person I know complains about their SO constantly. I'm probably 7.5/10 satisfied with my singlehood

We realized decades ago that we each own our happiness. Individually as well as a couple.

That being said, we have had joint accounts since I was in the Navy and made less back in the 90s. When I became a civilian and we both got better jobs, we started accounts for our hobbies. Really cuts down on the stress and arguments because the bills are always taken care of separately.

So, we figured out how to address the thing most couples argue over and instead argue over trivial stuff.

Our sex life used to bother me, but then I started buying a firearm each time I was told: "I'm tired," "it's hot," "don't touch me," or something like that... now I have a lot of firearms and they never tell me no.

😄 🤣 😂

Been with the same woman since 96. Only reason I am still alive is because she for some reason I still do not understand, she decided to make a project out of me. Now we have been together so long its just "normal". Seldom and real clashes. We both learned long ago not to pick battles as its too much work. :s0140:

Edit: I got up at 3:30 this morning like most weekend mornings. It is the only peace and quiet from the TV I will get once the other half wakes up.
I feel your pain. I have served my time in a relationship with a non TV watcher (me) and an avid TV watcher (her). The problem was two fold...

I asked (multiple times) if some of our home time could be TV free. Give me one night a week where the TV stays off. Just one. I didn't even care if she watched stuff on her computer with headphones. But she couldn't do it. She would agree and then come up with all types of excuses or exceptions. In the end, she simply couldn't do it.

The second part of the problem was the quality of TV...or what she watched. Women love reality TV. I would rather stab myself in the eye with the fireplace poker than watch reality TV. It's the most insipid crap ever invented.

Be aware that 70% of all divorces are initiated by the woman. Men seem to be a bit more easy going about things...or perhaps realistic...or maybe we just put up with more because we're men.

Data also suggests that 69% of all conflicts in relationships are unsolvable.

So choose wisely folks...and may the odds be ever in your favor!

I feel your pain. I have served my time in a relationship with a non TV watcher (me) and an avid TV watcher (her). The problem was two fold...

I asked (multiple times) if some of our home time could be TV free. Give me one night a week where the TV stays off. Just one. I didn't even care if she watched stuff on her computer with headphones. But she couldn't do it. She would agree and then come up with all types of excuses or exceptions. In the end, she simply couldn't do it.

The second part of the problem was the quality of TV...or what she watched. Women love reality TV. I would rather stab myself in the eye with the fireplace poker than watch reality TV. It's the most insipid crap ever invented.

Be aware that 70% of all divorces are initiated by the woman. Men seem to be a bit more easy going about things...or perhaps realistic...or maybe we just put up with more because we're men.

My wife is also a huge fan of "reality" tv. Latest binging is of bachelorette program. I retreat to the bedroom for quality time with NWFA when I can't take anymore of the tv (usually about 5 mins). I don't bother trying to pry her from it. It makes her happy and beats gambling, drug use or any number of other activities she could take up in it's place. I wish I wasn't so annoyed by the tv but you are right about most programming being garbage these days.

Edit: she may feel the same way about my time being spent on the internet (most of which is on NWFA), the difference is the internet is silent for the most part and her tv can be heard in almost all areas of the house. Thankfully somebody invented ear plugs and white noise machines or else I would be struggling.

Last Edited:

This!!!! This was my first marriage. My first wife was in that 70% who ended the marriage. Non stop TV and had excuses a mile long not to put out. All the "reality TV" in the world, banging hot body and never would step foot outside the house. It was annoying.

I took a bunch of time off from work to plan my life and my manager at the time told other employees I was having relationship problems. When I got back multiple women came onto me. I could have cheated multiple times and never did. I decided to stick it out and She divorced me anyway 6 months later citing "she wanted more out of life." The funny thing is, that was 7 years ago and I have everything she ever wanted now. A beautiful custom home overlooking the valley, nice cars, all the "stuff" she dreamed of and two beautiful children with my new wife. The minute I was let go by her my life turned much better. She was dead weight the entire time. She still texts me to this day periodically to see how things are going and I can't help but share my good news.

These days She is living in a studio apartment by herself after multiple failed relationships since me. She apologized to me maybe a year ago. She sees it all now and still, refuses to change and is content being alone….Couped up in a studio apartment by herself, blaming others for not bringing her happiness she could easily have if she wasn't such a narcissist.

Edit: she may feel the same way about my time being spent on the internet (most of which is on NWFA), the difference is the internet is silent for the most part and her tv can be heard in almost all areas of the house.
^^^^ Exactly this. A 60+ inch TV up on the wall is monumentally invasive. If you're anywhere in eyesight you can't escape the picture and the sound radiates through most of the house. You can't escape it unless you go shut yourself in a room somewhere. A laptop is a small screen and no sound (assuming you're using a headset/earbud). It bothers no one...unless your wife is just mad that you're not watching the bachelor with her and/or paying attention to her.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR