JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Under the pillow always!

60C35E63-8FC7-4740-813A-1177F5599CD1.jpeg

I don't leave the house much anymore as I'm retired and live up in the cascade foothills on 5 acres. When I do go out I'm usually strapping a Dan Wesson valor. At home I keep a couple shotguns ( Mossberg thunder ranch 590 and Stoeger coach gun) the older I get the more I appreciate the scatter gun. I had to take a chicken killing coyote out at 20 yards with the stoeger (very humane and an instant kill) The 590 with a bright light is my bedside bogey man gun. Really enjoy the advancement in ammo for 12 gauge buckshot! Federal has some great loads. I have all kinds of hand guns and rifles but I get more day to day use out of my shotguns.

View attachment 1403359 View attachment 1403360 View attachment 1403363
Man after my own heart, and sounds like my age. We might get along.

I don't leave the house much anymore as I'm retired and live up in the cascade foothills on 5 acres. When I do go out I'm usually strapping a Dan Wesson valor. At home I keep a couple shotguns ( Mossberg thunder ranch 590 and Stoeger coach gun) the older I get the more I appreciate the scatter gun. I had to take a chicken killing coyote out at 20 yards with the stoeger (very humane and an instant kill) The 590 with a bright light is my bedside bogey man gun. Really enjoy the advancement in ammo for 12 gauge buckshot! Federal has some great loads. I have all kinds of hand guns and rifles but I get more day to day use out of my shotguns.

View attachment 1403359 View attachment 1403360 View attachment 1403363
I don't wait for them to go bump. Ring cameras alert phone when they come on the property. From my perch that overlooks the property I have numerous options such as 12 gauge, 556, pcc, etc

Only time I actually caught someone trying to break in my voice was enough to send scum packing. That was long before he could attempt to actually break in due to camera alert. Had a double barrel coach gun with #00 buck at the time cuz it was in that room overlooking an area where he was penned in. Did not show him the gun. Would have been either 9 or 18 pellets to the chest in about a 8-10" circle at that range. Equivalent to getting hit with 9 or 18 rounds (ie 18 if firing both barrels at once) of .380 bullets simultaneously.

Some people prefer slugs in 12 gauge, #4 buck, etc. It's personal preference. 12 gauge slugs would leave a mess though. Here is a slug on a ballistic dummy with organs and bones:

58A9D842-2A78-4705-913C-7A173F17363C.jpeg

Last Edited:
The gun I carry every day is the same one that sits in my night stand. A full size Glock with a Surefire X300U. I also have my SBR on stand by if needed.

More than likely you're gunna be met by a heavily tattooed naked white man with a Glock.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top