JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No Excuse.jpg

What's your excuse again?

No Excuse.jpg

Great thread.

When I'm feel like complaining I always think of all the things I'm grateful for. The vast majority have it so good, and we're so unappreciative. We need to remember there is always someone out there worse off than us.

One of the commercial properties that I maintain is near OHSU, and the company that leases it makes artificial prosthesis limbs for disabled people.
One day I made a comment to the guy who makes and fits the various devices, about how depressing it would be to be working around all of the people needing those devices.
He looked me in the eye and said "think about all of the people in the world who won't get any, that's depressing"
Changed my view 180 degrees about what I take for granted.

A Marine friend and I were at a bar when he was out visiting. He lost a leg in Iraq and we were swapping war stories over a few beers. Some liberal jerk started going off about how we were just a bunch of blood-thirsty savages...blah blah blah. We were ignoring him until he put his hand on my boy's shoulder and noticed his leg being a prosthetic. After that, he was going on about us veterans don't deserve pity and crap like that. Ben pulled his leg off and smashed the guy across the face with it. The bouncer there ended up kicking the other guy out and we ended up not paying for drinks that night...lol. Ben, my friend, is doing crazy stuff with CrossFit and stuff down in Arizona and won't take having a leg missing as an excuse. He is a great friend, and a great Marine.

He should be careful about that anger, especially as a pegger.

He might find he just smashed the bull and not the bubblegum. Great friends are better above ground and out of cement cages.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top