JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not an assumption. I personally know more than one competitive shooter who does not reload. They buy factory ammo in bulk. I know a lot more who reload, but still.
I'm one of those types. Have no interest in reloading (up-front monetary outlay, learning curve, lack of time, other priorities, etc.).
Easier for me to buy a thousand factory rounds every coupla months or so... It's like a little over $200 every order.
As a matter of fact, 1,000 rds just arrived at my door today. :)

And full disclosure, I'm no "professional" competitive shooter. I shoot USPSA at my local range and a coupla other ranges nearby. It's not that biguva thing...
I don't shoot a P320 X5 racing gun, I don't own a DDOS holster, I don't use carry optics, blah blah blah...
I don't compete for points. I compete to shoot my EDC, cuz I carry my EDC, and it's really good practice for hitting the target while in motion.
One of these days, I'm gonna compete in an IDPA match... :eek:

Last Edited:
Reloading for my Glock 23 only provides one thing. I get lots of once fired brass from the local LEO range, and I get to try several of the available styles of bullets that makers provide, and find out how they perform in the receptive media that I shoot them into. If it proves nothing to what some perceive as acceptable, I don't give a rat's patoot, it satisfies ME as to what I accept.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews