JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I was riding a bike on dunes I'd probably be dreaming about the ground dropping out too. And the correct interpretation would be that my brain thought biking there was dangerous, and I should cut it out. Same as skiing on snow banks near cliff edges. You can ski right onto a lip of snow that's sticking over the cliff edge and you fall right through. Those lips of snow can fool you into thinking you are many feet from the edge when actually you are right at it.
My dreams were always on a bicycle on the farm, mostly as a kid. I didn't ride on the sand dunes much, but it was extremely popular there.

The dunes were always absolutely packed during the summer. I was a dirt and trail rider on a XR350 dirtbike, and was trying to keep up with the other guys on four-wheelers (quads, they call them - stupid name if you ask me). I found out what a "razorback" dune was. Dune riding was a short phase for me. Too high-adrenaline for my taste. Very hard on the bike and the body.

Added: the dunes can certainly be dangerous, especially when crowded. I don't know what it's like now, but every year we used to hear about lots of injuries and occasional fatalities.

Last Edited:
Same as skiing on snow banks near cliff edges. You can ski right onto a lip of snow that's sticking over the cliff edge and you fall right through. Those lips of snow can fool you into thinking you are many feet from the edge when actually you are right at it.
I remember a heartbreaking story I heard a few years ago. I don't remember the particulars, but as I recall, a family stopped in the snow by a river. One of the kids went close to the river, not realizing that there was a snow ledge over the edge of the river. I don't need to say the rest. :(

Ahhhg, nooo, please stop! You're triggering my dairy farm nightmares!!! :eek:

On a related note, I've never used the word "tits" in my life, other than in reference to cow teats. I grew up pulling them, washing caked-on manure off them, and sewing them up with needle and thread after a bovine vs. barbed-wire fence incident. The word has absolutely no positive connotation or redemption, in my book. :)

Last Edited:
When I was in college I would sometimes dream that I was signed up for some course I had somehow not known I was signed up for or had forgotten about, and had just figured that out an hour or so before the final exam, so was on my way to take the final in a course in which I had attended none of the lectures and done none of the work. And I was going to be late getting to the final exam too.
Yes, I've had these "school dreams" as well, not so much anymore, too many years gone. But the themes were the same. Can't find my locker, can't find my class, etc. The reference to incomplete work in a class that I'd only just learned about, many times. More reflections on anxiety, I guess.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top