JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking of restocking my Savage Axis II with a Boyds stock. My questions are how drop in fit is it? I believe the Axis 2 has an Aluminum bedding block and the stock is listed for all axis's both 1 an 2. Next question is should I have the action glass bedded?

Can't speak for the Savage, but I put a wood stock Boyd's on a Remington Mod 700 .243 that fit perfectly with no fitting. Albeit I added few accoutrements like checkering, black fore tip, butt pad spacer, and grip cap, Still, I felt was low cost @ just shy of 400 and definitely impressed at the perfect drop in fit which included maintaining the free floating barrel with a uniform and symmetric no drag dollar bill clearance all along it..

I've purchased 3 and they've all been perfect fits. The most expensive one came with an epoxy bedding kit. Always check out their Rapid Fire area--especially during their extra-discount sales. I picked up a stock for $200 that would have run $500 in their configuration tool.

I used a Boyds for my Howa 6.5 Grendel. It needed some work on the barrel channel to even out as it was milled off center, touching one side of the barrel.

I also need to get around to pillar bedding it someday - but that's not their problem.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top