JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In correlation to the AK-prices rising. 7.62x39 is lower them before oBummers reign. Haven't seen it this low in ten years so may be why people are buying AK's ?

Its a shame. I bought a Wasr at a gun show in 2011 for $300 flat. Last year I bought an unconverted vepr 7.62x39 for $900. And then spent another $250 converting it. I wish there were more Aresenals coming into the country :confused:

Its a shame. I bought a Wasr at a gun show in 2011 for $300 flat. Last year I bought an unconverted vepr 7.62x39 for $900. And then spent another $250 converting it. I wish there were more Aresenals coming into the country :confused:
Tell people to stop killing each other in the Middle East and you'll see more Arsenals. Also tell the ATF to get rid of their stupid 7n6 ban and you may see more AK74s as well.

I'm late on the 74, but I do want one. That being said... I do prefer 7.62x39 over 5.45x39. Except when there's a foregrip.

That being said, the ATF killed the 74 market. Now its just barely hanging on.

Great for an "everyone" rifle, as are AK47's. The lower recoil of AK74 along with flatter ballistics is what gives it the edge over '47 as an "everyone". IMO.

More ammo for same weight penalty is a plus.

Tissue damage type for 7N6 is similar (albeit smaller) to M67 due to projectile design.

Cleaning 74's after running them can be a downside, as like M67 all 7N6 is corrosive. No biggie, just need a good cleaning routine is all.

We bought a fellow members AK74 which he had run just a few weeks prior and wasn't aware of the corrosive nature of the ammo he ran. Showed him the green all over, including inside the entire barrel length when I stripped it at the shop. Wasn't sure I could save it, but did.

Meh, I consider either 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 to be an everyone round. Neither of them have much recoil (out of the semiautos anyways).

Both are cheap, but its much easier to get 7.62x39. ATF ruined the 5.45 market. Well, the lack of rifles coming in doesn't help, but as usual it is what it is.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews