JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So for $7, I picked this up locally, the first two pics are from online, its a 1999 Baby Trend Explorer jogging stroller
180526487_baby-trend-explorer-jogging-stroller-green.jpg 7db71d2c1ffd1bb0ecd520747cb54c80.jpg
The fabrics and straps were UV damaged and rotting away with lots of unrepairable rips... so I stripped it to the bare frame
20210712_190009.jpg
Folded
20210712_190003.jpg
Another folded shot
20210712_185836.jpg
Unfolded, looking at the back
20210712_185828.jpg
Front view, so much space.. hrm..
20210712_185822.jpg
Side view.
By the way, the main frame is 1" diameter, and the angled horizontal side struts are approximately 3/4". Wheels are 16".

What am I considering for this.. since my brother also got me a much newer jogger stroller for my toddler to ride around in... I'm thinking gun cart? Maybe sew up a cargo trunk? Maybe attach a panel horizontally to carry cans and the like?

Edit. Even with truing the wheels, the whole thing really is very wobbly at brisk walk, so its not real good for baby hauling duties anymore (and we have a good one anyhow.)

So for $7, I picked this up locally, the first two pics are from online, its a 1999 Baby Trend Explorer jogging stroller
View attachment 990900View attachment 990901
The fabrics and straps were UV damaged and rotting away with lots of unrepairable rips... so I stripped it to the bare frame
View attachment 990902
Folded
View attachment 990903
Another folded shot
View attachment 990904
Unfolded, looking at the back
View attachment 990905
Front view, so much space.. hrm..
View attachment 990906
Side view.
By the way, the main frame is 1" diameter, and the angled horizontal side struts are approximately 3/4". Wheels are 16".

What am I considering for this.. since my brother also got me a much newer jogger stroller for my toddler to ride around in... I'm thinking gun cart? Maybe sew up a cargo trunk? Maybe attach a panel horizontally to carry cans and the like?

Edit. Even with truing the wheels, the whole thing really is very wobbly at brisk walk, so its not real good for baby hauling duties anymore (and we have a good one anyhow.)
Golf bag cart. That's literally how the 3 wheel version was invented. Some webbing and a few buckles and you're set.

That or hang a giant 2 rifle soft case inside the frame. One with lots of big exterior pockets. Maybe use straps and buckles here too so you can easily remove it and put it on a bench.

Golf bag cart. That's literally how the 3 wheel version was invented. Some webbing and a few buckles and you're set.

That or hang a giant 2 rifle soft case inside the frame. One with lots of big exterior pockets. Maybe use straps and buckles here too so you can easily remove it and put it on a bench.
I don't play golf. :p I'm thinking more along the lines of these... 2a1336fffee7df53887e1e0938e543f8.jpg
A bit much but doable

2ad37dd0909fc86f12d8627331628730.jpg
My favorite simple setup..

aee58f32b64c06a7af8289a3ec441301.jpg
Nota fan of muzzle up but..

951c6e43d13dcd06fddac5ee613ad40e.jpg
Dry bags
ac902371ead82fd4922a48b058cb9ca5.jpg
Molle gear bags

The oddest thing is that the original seat was held onto the frame by white nylon/polymer blocks and sharp screws.. no reinforcement on the fabric, no grommets/eyelets to distribute the stress and to prevent ripping of the fabric... definitely light duty... and wouldn't do for carrying gear. I do have the 34"×14ish" Coleman Peak 1 frame that in theory could be lashed to the frame, and I could attach MOLLE II rucksack to that frame... but I am not a fan of the MOLLE II bags myself. We'll see what I can rig up and maintain the simple foldability.

One thing I would definitely do; make the tires filled with foam such that they cannot go flat. Not sure what size the tires are, but I would bet you could get foam inserts for bicycles for them. Or better yet, replace the wheels with stronger wheels and better spokes using the wheels for a BMX bike or something like that.

And I agree with reinforcing it in strategic spots. Not sure, but I would bet that baby strollers are not meant for rough treatment with heavy weights.

Good project. One of these days I want to build something like the Dixon Rollerpack, but with much more durable frame and a larger/stronger wheel.

The wheels are 16" but the rear 2 have non-bicycle hubs, with stub axles and a plastic disc for the locking mechanism to prevent rolling. The front one is basic bicycle style quick detach 16" wheel. I see online that I could get solid tires for 16x1.75 from Aliexpress.....

One thing I would definitely do; make the tires filled with foam such that they cannot go flat. Not sure what size the tires are, but I would bet you could get foam inserts for bicycles for them. Or better yet, replace the wheels with stronger wheels and better spokes using the wheels for a BMX bike or something like that.

And I agree with reinforcing it in strategic spots. Not sure, but I would bet that baby strollers are not meant for rough treatment with heavy weights.

Good project. One of these days I want to build something like the Dixon Rollerpack, but with much more durable frame and a larger/stronger wheel.
Screw that I'm building one from a Power Wheels. :)

Like this? :s0064:
Those boys are crazy. You should see their Barbie Jeep. They named it Senderella. :)

No, I'm thinking I'll use the existing wimpy electric motors and a 12V motorcycle or small deep cycle battery. I'll hollow out the interior and mount a large (6 rifle or so) hard case. Probably put a mount for an umbrella and folding chair. I'll have to work out a little red wagon kind of steering and move the throttle to the handle. It should give me the extra oomph to pull lots of gear up the hills at my club. I'm getting too old and busted to haul all the guns I want to shoot in one run.

Those boys are crazy. You should see their Barbie Jeep. They named it Senderella. :)

No, I'm thinking I'll use the existing wimpy electric motors and a 12V motorcycle or small deep cycle battery. I'll hollow out the interior and mount a large (6 rifle or so) hard case. Probably put a mount for an umbrella and folding chair. I'll have to work out a little red wagon kind of steering and move the throttle to the handle. It should give me the extra oomph to pull lots of gear up the hills at my club. I'm getting too old and busted to haul all the guns I want to shoot in one run.
Thats what kids are for ;) although right now the toddler is too small/weak to pull her weight :s0064: I don't know what I'll do with the double wide frame I still have in storage, its quite a cumbersome frame

My three wheel golf bag hand cart folds up a little like this one but much flatter. It collapses sideways when you fold the top down. They are on Craigslist all the time.
I hate how most of them are basically a rod with inverted V struts for the wheels.. at least most of the ones that don't have a golf bag attached. Pics of your 3 wheeler? I'm still thinking a folding deck of some sort in the space, and that should allow me to put a tote or a side zippered duffel bag or the USAF kit bag on it.

I hate how most of them are basically a rod with inverted V struts for the wheels.. at least most of the ones that don't have a golf bag attached. Pics of your 3 wheeler? I'm still thinking a folding deck of some sort in the space, and that should allow me to put a tote or a side zippered duffel bag or the USAF kit bag on it.
gboybags_expressdlxpropushcart_matteblkroyalaccent.jpg

You could probably strap the duffel in with the existing hardware. It's got a cupholder too. :)

So I looked at it closer. Looks like the rear axle bar bent upwards and forwards.. causing a significant toe in, and outwards camber at the top (wheels are further apart on the top half than on the bottom half of rotation). I believe I have found the cause of its extreme wobbliness. Eh, nothing a bit of weight can't help :rolleyes: but the plastic front fender/mudguard is screwed onto a horizontal bar, perhaps that would be an excellent place to put the load deck on, and I'll figure how to support it in the rear.. perhaps vertical webbing straps? I couldn't find the maximum load rating on the frame tags but the old underseat basket said 10lbs and it was attached by snap straps. Thinking 50 to 60 pounds would be the maximum given 10 pounds on the basket and 40lbs of kid, maybe 50lbs of kid. It seems sized for up to 4 or 5 years old. Also, I still have the original raincover bow still attached, I could remove it if I want, or I could use it as support bow for a much larger rain cover that could cover the gear fairly easily... front wheel attachment and brake setup seems fairly good, no twist I could detect visually, and the rear wheels are those weird quick disconnect stub axles with the plastic lock discs, not sure if other brands shares it... I know it was Baby Trends brand but generally they do share some parts with other stuff?

20210713_195012.jpg 20210713_194957.jpg 20210713_194732.jpg 20210713_194718.jpg 20210713_194642.jpg 20210713_194636.jpg

Removed the front plastic fender thing, looks like I can use that bar to support one end of a cargo sling thing that I'm drawing up a design for...have to locate a couple sets of ATV gun holders as cheap as i can . Filled tires with air, then set up the double wide for comparison. Its not as wide as I thought. Just shy of 12 inches wider. Also shown with the newer jogger that I am using for the kiddo.
Double wide has 20" wheels, single black frame has 16" wheels, kid hauler has both 16" and 12" wheel set. Front wheel on the kid hauler can swivel or be locked, no brakes though. The other two comes with a brake for each front wheel. The double uses snaps riveted to frame for supporting the old seats, and its frame feels a lot sturdier. I think I want to turn it into a combination kid hauler and cargo hauler for camping/beach/park things. The black frame one will be the gun cart with a cargo sling for ammo bandoliers and stuff.

20210725_165054.jpg 20210725_165049.jpg 20210725_165013.jpg 20210725_165004.jpg 20210725_165135.jpg 20210725_165106.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top