JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering of anyone out there can chime in on their experience with both of these pistols. Is there much of a difference in how they shoot? Obviously there is less weight to the compact version, so I would expect a little more felt recoil with the smaller pistol. I am more interested in the grip length. My question is, how much, if any, of a difference is there between the full- size grip and the compact grip with the addition of the aftermarket pinky rest? I want to know if my gorilla hands would fit on the smaller grip. :s0114:

Any feedback or comparisons between these two is appreciated. Heck, even opinions are welcome!:s0155:

honestly i would say your better off going and actually holding them. As for my opinion i have medium to big hands and i do not like the small grips. i have no problem concealing the regular service model xd. when i got my taurus 605 first thing i did was contact taurus and order the larger grip. but thats my opinion and you might actually find the smaller grip good so hence why you really need to pick them up and try them out.

That's all well and good, and I have done that. The problem is that the pinky rest is an aftermarket part, and I would have to buy a compact mag and the pinky rest baseplate, then take it to a gun shop and ask if I can try my mag in their pistol. I asked if I could at one LGS, and they said no problem. That leaves me spending ~$40 on the mag and rest just to give it a try. Thought I would save the money for now and solicit opinions for free.

Of course, you get what you pay for..... :)

Are you referring to the XDm 3.8 9MM? The original XD came in a 3 inch version, referred to as the compact. The 3.8 of course is a different pistol all together. The 13 round mag with the Pearce extension will give your pinky a place to rest. If that is your main reservation, take a deep breath, buy the pistol, get the extension and relax. Once you determine which backstrap best fits your hand, you can order more of the appropriate magazine filler pieces directly from Springfield Armory Customer service.

No, I am referring to the XDm9c, which is the 3.8" barrel and the compact grip. There are four sizes of XDm9 pistols presently: full size grip with 5.25" barrel, full size grip with 4.5" barrel, full size grip with 3.8" barrel, and the compact grip with 3.8" barrel. All I am asking about is the difference in the full size grip and the compact grip. I want to know if my paws will work on the compact grip with the addition of the pinky rest. Also if there is much of a difference in the feel of the two whilst shooting them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top