JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I'm thinking about getting an lightweight hunting rifle. I've seen videos of the Howa Super Lite and Kimber Desolve Blak, but haven't handled either. Does anyone here own or have shot either? I wondering how they shoot and handle. What's the quality of both? I'm going to take a look at a Kimber this weekend if I get the chance. Thanks.

They are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

The Howa is going to be a functional, accurate, perfectly capable rifle, but is a bit rough around the edges, not have the best finish and the trigger is acceptable, with only one aftermarket available, IIRC.

I have a Howa Mini in 6.5Grendal. It's a good rifle, but not as nice as my Tikka T3x.

Kimber is a controlled round feed based off a Mauser action. They are very smooth, well put together, finished properly and have good triggers. I had one briefly in .308 a long time ago and generally liked it. Nicer than the Tikka, but not by a whole bunch.

They are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

The Howa is going to be a functional, accurate, perfectly capable rifle, but is a bit rough around the edges, not have the best finish and the trigger is acceptable, with only one aftermarket available, IIRC.

I have a Howa Mini in 6.5Grendal. It's a good rifle, but not as nice as my Tikka T3x.

Kimber is a controlled round feed based off a Mauser action. They are very smooth, well put together, finished properly and have good triggers. I had one briefly in .308 a long time ago and generally liked it. Nicer than the Tikka, but not by a whole bunch.
:s0067:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top