JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been hunting for the elusive new XD(s) in .45 in Vancouver and Kelso and am not having any luck.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my XD(m) .45 4.5...but it's a bit big for concealed carry during the summer months. (obvious it's there in shorts and a t-shirt)

Does anyone know of any vendor that has or is planning to have some XD(s) in stock soon? My phone calls haven't fielded any good results.:huh:

I bought my Stainless slide XDs 2 weeks ago tomorrow from Sportsman's Warehouse in orchards for $579 plus tax of course.

I was there tonight looking for reload components and they did have a XDs in black on the wall. I think it is same price but don't hold me to that, as it may be less.They are the lowest price I have found. Thursday mornings is when all the new shipments go on the shelves so I am pretty sure you could pick one up tomorrow if you get there in time.

On a side note, I picked up the extended 7round mag and the difference in the grip is night and day with the extra inch of grip. Love this gun for CC.

If you follow Brightwater ventures on Facebook they send out daily inventory updates. They have been getting the XDs in fairly regularly. They just opened a new shop on fourth plain next to BiMart a few months ago.

I think my XDs is a wonderfule firearm and I have carried since last Nov. when I purchased it. Probably shot around 300 rounds through it. Yesterday I went to the range once more. It's been about 5 weeks so I was a little rusty. I fired the 3 magazines I carry with it and had to FTF due to light primer strikes. I switched to new ammo, RWS .45 and had 3 out of 5 light hammer strikes. Yes they did fire on a second loading. I switched to mu Kimber and ran through the rest of the box.
When I came home I Googled the problem and found the XDM blog site where a number of people reported a similiar problem especially after a few 100 rounds. Springfield stands behind their guns and was repairing them after which one guy still had an issue which he believed was a rough firing pin channel.
Blog: <broken link removed>
I took it to my Dealer this morning to return to Springfield for repair. Don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed the gun while it worked and plan to carry it again when it's back to running properly. I was just surprised a Springfield product had an issue (I own XDM in 9mm and .45acp plus an M1A1 all great firearms.)
Butch

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads