JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Recently purchased a Keltec RFB which kaboomed on me. Keltec wants me to ship it back to them for repair.

I was wondering which is the easiest way. Last time I tried to ship a firearm through UPS they told me only a FFL can send a firearm.

thanks
If it were me, I would ask Keltec.
to send me a shipping label.
đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Firearm in question is a Ruger pistol. They said they can send a FedEx shipping label and deal directly with them. IDK though as I recall some requirement to go through an FFL.

Some FFL's won't receive from private party, only from other FFL's. This may be where your confusion is?

Usually the factory doesn't care who it comes from so long as it is shipped legally. And if the factory is willing to send you a shipping label, that's a bonus for you.

(Note: this thread used to be 13 years old before you replied to it.)

:s0067:

I shipped my AR off to Bushmaster a bit ago. Went through FedEx - I called FedEx asking if there were any special requirements or if I had to declare what is was and their hazardous/special materials agent said just pack it well in a sturdy box. No FFL is required since it's going from owner to manufacturer (that's what Bushmaster said).

I had a prepaid label from Bushmaster so I can't comment on shipping price.
The right answer here is you were using a prepaid shipping label from the manufacture. If the OP can get a prepaid label from Keltec he will be able to ship cheaply and quickly. Even if he has to pay Keltec for the label he will be money and time ahead! DR

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top