JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently purchased a Keltec RFB which kaboomed on me. Keltec wants me to ship it back to them for repair.

I was wondering which is the easiest way. Last time I tried to ship a firearm through UPS they told me only a FFL can send a firearm.

thanks

I shipped my AR off to Bushmaster a bit ago. Went through FedEx - I called FedEx asking if there were any special requirements or if I had to declare what is was and their hazardous/special materials agent said just pack it well in a sturdy box. No FFL is required since it's going from owner to manufacturer (that's what Bushmaster said).

I had a prepaid label from Bushmaster so I can't comment on shipping price.

Not sure about UPS, but I am sending in a gun to S&W and they emailed me a pre paid Fedex label. I just have to pack it and drop it off at a fedex center and get a receipt. When its repaired they will ship it back to me. Fedex is easy.

Kel Tec should have sent a call tag (pre-paid label), to ship it back. Unless they think it is not a warranty issue, and it's user's fault, then you pay the freight.

I've shipped guns to gunsmiths for repair or upgrades. No FFL is required for me to ship it, and receive it back.

I would never declare a gun to UPS, that's when it goes missing. It's none of their business, what's inside. You must declare ammo as "ORM-D Small Arms Cartriges", if they are requesting a sample of your ammo, and you must ship it in a seperate package.

Box it up, drop it off at UPS hub, if it's an expensive gun, then insure it as an expensive "custom golf ball launcher".

As I recall the RFB is a long gun, anyone can ship a long gun via USPS so long as the receiving party is an FFL. Being the OEM they are a 07FFL. Generally all you'll need is a copy of the receiving party's FFL.

I was going to say if you can get Kel-Tec to send you something to clear the way with USPS that would be the cheapest, but even cheaper is if they send you a shipping label.

The UPS hub is where all the trucks park at night. Probably won't be in a strip mall and will have limited hours for the public. With a shipping label from Kel-Tec you should have no problem. Everything was smooth when I shipped Walther PPK to Smith & Wesson for recall. Lady never even looked up when I said handgun.

Is the gun under warranty?

If so, call Kel Tec back, get your RA and ask them to send you a shipping label to return it to them. You shouldn't have to pay.

Usually, a third party needed to ship a handgun. Money Market Pawn on Powell Blvd. handles shipping to other FFL. Like a transfer. They use USPS priority mail. Cost about 50.00. I'm not too sure about receiving back from repairs, whether they have to ship it to FFL do a transfer to get it back or they ship it directly to you?

I thought that Keltec RFB was a handgun. A bullpup rifle. Since it is a long gun, You can ship it yourself at the post office. You do not need FFL to ship long guns via USPS as long as you are shipping to FFL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top