JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Either they haven't read it or are subtly telling how they plan on enforcing it. My $$$ is on the first one.

OLYMPIA – Gun rights activists plan to bring their firearms to the Capitol next month to engage in civil disobedience by violating the new background check law that they despise.
But there may be a flaw in the plan. What they say they're going to do – "openly exchange guns" by handing them to someone else – isn't against Initiative 594, according to Bob Calkins, spokesman for the Washington State Patrol, which provides law enforcement on the Capitol grounds. They won't be arrested or cited for doing that

No one will be arrested for exchanging guns, said Calkins, the patrol spokesman.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/nov/13/gun-rights-activists-plan-i-594-protest-at-capitol/

WSP has yet to be replaced with an overwhelming cadre of Fellow Travelers, a few months, a few years and everything may change, enormously.
Read 'The Gestapo" by Leroy and know America's future

It seems to me that the people who voted for the initiative without understanding it are the fools.

Will some people think that the protest will make the gun owners will look like fools?
Perhaps the very same people who voted for 594 and still don't know what's in it.

So how do we get those who will not open their eyes to see?

So how do we get those who will not open their eyes to see?

you don't get it by getting in their face with wild eyed screaming. which is basically what this rally is.

this rally is poorly thought out, poorly timed, poorly planned, and will just backfire. it's purely reactionary, bad idea. it should be strategic and is not.

this is what i've been saying all along. nobody is going to be arrested. this rally is going to backfire and make gun owners look like fools.

If people do not learn by Connecticut they probably will crash and burn.
A simple "We will not comply" from tens of thousands or a majority of those that voted against
that bill, is all it will take to win.
Standing strong and a massive turnout with simple things like the signs and the tee shirts saying
"We will not comply with laws that infringe on the 2nd Amendment"
will be the most effective thing that can happen.
It is how many actually have the courage and how many actually will support the constitution that will win it for you. Far too many are blowhards and won't show.
Just remember who does and who does not show up and stand up. Connecticut citizens (gun owners) surprised
me and I have great respect for them.
They stood up as a giant body and stood like Iron against an unjust law.

^^^^^^^
Wearing my "collective conscience" hat again:

Gun owners currently hold the moral high ground because practically all can be described accurately as law-abiding gun owners. Openly declaring that "...We will not comply with laws..." plays directly into the hands of the Bloomboogers and their ilk.

^^^^^^^

Gun owners currently hold the moral high ground because practically all can be described accurately as law-abiding gun owners. Openly declaring that "...We will not comply with laws..." plays directly into the hands of the Bloomboogers and their ilk.

So where is your line in the sand? Registration? AWB? Standard cap mag ban? Compromise and compliance always moves that line further our way and then the push for the new "compromise" and new "common sense"
restrictions begin all over.

^^^^^^^

I never understood why anyone touts about being law abiding as a good thing for when the law they want to abide to is unjust. Again not complying is more important & the right thing to do more than abiding to these gun laws....

^^^^

gun owners have always been digging their heels in the sand and yelling "no compromise! no prisoners! molon labe!". what has that accomplished so far?

oh, 594. right.

simply ignoring the law is going to turn public opinion against gun owners and simply make people even more eager to vote in favor of those restrictive laws.

understand this - like it or not all your rights are dependent on public opinion. public opinion has created and repealed constitutional amendments! if you want to win elections, legislature, congress, courts, you MUST win public opinion.

if your actions are driving opinion against gun owners and in favor of MORE gun laws, how does that help us? how in any way does that count as a success for gun owners?

stomping your feet and yelling I WANT MY GUN RIGHTS, RIGHT NOW accomplishes nothing except make gun owners look like entitled whiners.

working to change things in legislature, the courts, public relations, is certainly harder and less satisfying work. but it is how we have won in the past and it is where our wins currently come from.

It's because of the rally that the state patrol is saying this. They don't want to deal with it.

and again, it means this rally will not result in the desired outcome. the stated plan was "civil disobedience" by handing guns around in circles so people would get arrested.

now it's confirmed, as i was saying all along, that nobody at the rally is going to be arrested, and gun owners will be made to look like fools.

and again, it means this rally will not result in the desired outcome. the stated plan was "civil disobedience" by handing guns around in circles so people would get arrested.

now it's confirmed, as i was saying all along, that nobody at the rally is going to be arrested, and gun owners will be made to look like fools.
You sound bitter lol that people will be there getting away with what they're going to do. Even tho police will do nothing its good to show the public that you can hand your gun to someone without repercussions....

^^^^

gun owners have always been digging their heels in the sand and yelling "no compromise! no prisoners! molon labe!". what has that accomplished so far?.

No they have not. They compromised in 1934 and 1968 and 1994 and in NY and in NJ and CA and IL etc, and what has that got them?

If enough people ignore this law then what are they going to do? Not a thing, just like at this rally

And the "public opinion" ship has sailed. The culture gap is too big between King/Pierce counties (the deciders)and the rest of the state to let the rights of the people in Kettle Falls depend on the whims of the people in Seattle.

the public opinion ship has NOT sailed, i have talked to enough people in king co to know that for certain.

if it had really sailed, I-676 would not have crashed and burned like it did.

if it had really sailed, HB 1016 and SB 5956 would have not sailed through the legislature basically unopposed (thanks ranb!)

there is still enough people out there who can be persuaded to support us, despite bloomberg's millions and claims of "90% support for background checks" they only managed to eke out 59% in favor of 594.

it won't happen if gun owners continue to alienate people in the middle though.

public opinion is everything in this war.

Who cares what the WSP has said? Especially of you're planning on not following the law? Wouldn't it be more important to portray gun owners/activists as the rational intelligent people that most of us are instead of the rabid hillbillies they portray us to be?

It will be interesting to see how many Leo's that said they will not enforce illegal laws standby there word and follow the Constitution

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top