Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SB941 or Measure 594 and the battlefield pick up?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Nick Burkhardt, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

In an active shooter, robbery or other dangerous public situation if the Good Guy (or Good Gal) manages to get a firearm away from the Bad Guy, could they be charged with a misdemeanor for that battlefield pick up? If they then hand that firearm off to another Good Guy while tending to the wounded have they now technically committed a felony under these new laws?

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  2. RLS

RLS milwaukie Active Member

I would hope not in that situation but i would hate to test it out in Mult. County.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Spoils of war go in my car...

ZA_Survivalist and BoonDocks36 like this.
  4. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

If Liberals had it their way it would be...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nding-shotgun-police-given-award-instead.html

5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I didn't see anything...

6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Holy crap. And this is the type of place that Obama looks to for gun laws? Those people are frickin' crazy! Talk about irrational fear and irrational actions. Guy does the right thing and is busted for it?

Every time I read a story like this I'm reminded of just how brilliant the founding fathers were to secure our rights in the Constitution.

7. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Well....

I can bet that whatever seems sane and reasonable, is the opposite of what they will do.

Slobray and bnsaibum like this.
  8. transittech

transittech PDX Well-Known Member

That UK story is really messed up...

9. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

594, there is an authorization for Emergency self-defense transfer without BGC, but ONLY once jeopardy is imminent and ONLY if the transfer lasts "no longer than absolutely necessary".

For example, you manage to take one off a thug and put him down, you have to leave it there--if you hold onto it just in case he's got a buddy then you're potentially eligible for a 594 Violation.