WSJ - privacy comparison of Signal, Telegram, WhatsApp, iMessage

Reactions
I've recently switched to signal myself. You got to remember, the security is only between signal users. When using SMS/MMS you are still subject to the (lack) security of your carrier.

Reactions
? Just curious, who would you take either the WSJ or Apples word on anything?

Signal is a "zero knowledge" provider (pro tip, thats a big deal), now that Elom Musk opened his mouth, Signal is crumbling, second best is WIRE, download both in case SIGNAL is taken down by the new administration.

OP
ATCclears

ATCclears

Reactions
@7SFCW4 the WSJ article seemed to recommend Signal as their top choice, and based on your comment it seems you would recommend Signal too?

If yes, would that imply the WSJ article is on target?

Reactions
If you want the straight, no BS scoop on "Privacy, Security, OPSEC and OSINT", Michael Bazzell is your source.

He also has a great PODCAST.

Yes, SIGNAL is great...however, they now have a bullseye painted on their chest (think about what happened to PARLER??).

Download BOTH Signal and Wire. Both are "zero knowledge providers", both are great, Wire is still, mostly, running under the radar.

Lot's or folks are nervous, spreading the stuff their pal Bessie-Sue who can spell SECURITY told them, that is human nature.

Better would be to ask an actual knowledgeable person who does NOT call themselves an "expert"

Just my .02 cents, YMMV.....

UPCOMING EVENTS

Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    My Go To For FTF Transfers and The only FFL I ship to.
    I use a Cut Above for Everything firearm related. I'm in there for something at least weekly. The team is great and the prices are great. You...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    They make transfers very easy
    My preferred place for transfers. The staff has always been very friendly. Even with the background checks sometimes taking forever, they are...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    1.00 star(s)
    met a member to sell a gun
    worst experience I have ever had treated as tho i was stealing from them have you ever met someone and with that initial moment you know there's...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome store
    been shopping here for years now, so has my grandfather. they provide excellent services
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
Top Bottom