JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've included screen shots of the newer Privacy Labels that are now required of apps in the Apple App Store.

Net: per the article, Signal is probably the best for privacy overall.

Apple Privacy Label - Signal, Telegram, WhatsApp.png

Apple Privacy Label - iMessage.png

I've recently switched to signal myself. You got to remember, the security is only between signal users. When using SMS/MMS you are still subject to the (lack) security of your carrier.

? Just curious, who would you take either the WSJ or Apples word on anything?

Signal is a "zero knowledge" provider (pro tip, thats a big deal), now that Elom Musk opened his mouth, Signal is crumbling, second best is WIRE, download both in case SIGNAL is taken down by the new administration.

@7SFCW4 the WSJ article seemed to recommend Signal as their top choice, and based on your comment it seems you would recommend Signal too?

If yes, would that imply the WSJ article is on target?

If you want the straight, no BS scoop on "Privacy, Security, OPSEC and OSINT", Michael Bazzell is your source.

He also has a great PODCAST.

Yes, SIGNAL is great...however, they now have a bullseye painted on their chest (think about what happened to PARLER??).

Download BOTH Signal and Wire. Both are "zero knowledge providers", both are great, Wire is still, mostly, running under the radar.

Lot's or folks are nervous, spreading the stuff their pal Bessie-Sue who can spell SECURITY told them, that is human nature.

Better would be to ask an actual knowledgeable person who does NOT call themselves an "expert"

Just my .02 cents, YMMV.....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top