JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tactical 19th century style...
My friend Dave shooting our 1808 Dated Springfield Musket ... No add on gadgets needed...:D
Andy
P1130865.JPG

Well, that's pretty danged tacical! Wish I could afford one!
It is pretty tactical... Until you realize its pretty much just a full sized rifle in a shorter package. Then its just shooting a regular rifle that happens to take less space and points easier. :rolleyes:

It doesn't have those fancy gadgets that folk put on their ARs these days...

Too many mistakes. But for the trivia part... you can trace the whole "being hit by bullets causes 200lb men to fly over backwards" to "Shane", a Western; whose director or producer, not sure which...wanted to exaggerate the effects of being hit by a bullet instead of people just crumpling/dropping like potatoes.

EDIT: The nice thing is that Sharps still makes them and you can get one just like it, 45-110 and all. I wants me one.

Shiloh Sharps of Montana, for sure. Not certain about Christian Sharps down the street, though.

If I'd bought the one for sale here in yUK on Guntrader about five years ago, I could have sold it for double what I paid for it.

A pal here has a .54 loose-loader Shiloh that he isn't using any more, on account he doesn't live in Texas anymore. It is truly coming in to its patina stage now, being almost thirty years old, and is a joy to see and shoot. Only thing stopping me from buying it is poverty and an over-officious county chief constable and his odd take on firearms' ownership.

tac

John Wick 2 and suppressors make gun shots "dead silent" so that people walking next to you cannot even tell you are having a gunfight with another man becuase they can't here the gunfire in a completely silent room.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top