JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
"Likes"...."Unlikes"....what does it really matter? Do I win the internet if I have the most of either? I'd be perfectly fine if they went away completely.

Upvote 0
"Likes"...."Unlikes"....what does it really matter? Do I win the internet if I have the most of either? I'd be perfectly fine if they went away completely.

You might win the internet but that above my pay grade. :s0092:

And I'd agree with that as well, poll fixed. My thoughts are if there is a like button, why not have an "unlike' button, too.

Upvote 0
Speaking only for myself...I voted "No".

Reason being:

It could ( would ) lead to more talking and griping about the "dislike" , than the actual thread topic...

Threads can already go sideways enough with "birdwalks" , one ups , yeabuts , and your choice sucks , and mine rocks...etc...
No need for more fuel here...

Andy

Upvote 0
I like the "Like" because it is an easy way to say thanks to someone or note you appreciated what they wrote. An unlike? Eh, maybe, I guess, but seems to fall into the "If you've got nothing nice to say ..." type thing.

Upvote 0
No, because if you disagree or dislike something you are forced to use your words and open a dialouge. I believe in a productive transparent disagreement where everyone can see both sides.
A dislike button just makes it too easy and open ended for lazy people with nothing worthwhile to add to the forum.

Upvote 0
No, because if you disagree or dislike something you are forced to use your words and open a dialouge. I believe in a productive transparent disagreement where everyone can see both sides.
A dislike button just makes it too easy and open ended for lazy people with nothing worthwhile to add to the forum.
I am reminded of Monty Python's Argument Clinic Skit here...worth looking up if you haven't seen it...:D
Andy

Upvote 0
Like.......I really like likes. Like they are really likable.
I use them to show someone I appreciated their post
without having to write a 47 paragraph dissertation in response.
After the first page of any thread things get redundant quickly.

Not sure about an 'unlike' button.
I mean, look at me. How can you not love this face..............:eek:

Upvote 0
Voted no for the same reason Andy gave. I did like the way they added the :( button to the quick option. So many times someone put up some article that was very sad, and I was glad they put it out but, seemed strange to click "Like" on it. I was glad to see the info but not liking what happened kind of thing if that makes sense?

Upvote 0
To unlike something you just click on it again, but there is no "dislike" feature!
I think the new reactions just about cover this need. I'd like to see a few added or the options be customized.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads