JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
"Likes"...."Unlikes"....what does it really matter? Do I win the internet if I have the most of either? I'd be perfectly fine if they went away completely.

Upvote 0
"Likes"...."Unlikes"....what does it really matter? Do I win the internet if I have the most of either? I'd be perfectly fine if they went away completely.

You might win the internet but that above my pay grade. :s0092:

And I'd agree with that as well, poll fixed. My thoughts are if there is a like button, why not have an "unlike' button, too.

Upvote 0
Speaking only for myself...I voted "No".

Reason being:

It could ( would ) lead to more talking and griping about the "dislike" , than the actual thread topic...

Threads can already go sideways enough with "birdwalks" , one ups , yeabuts , and your choice sucks , and mine rocks...etc...
No need for more fuel here...

Andy

Upvote 0
I like the "Like" because it is an easy way to say thanks to someone or note you appreciated what they wrote. An unlike? Eh, maybe, I guess, but seems to fall into the "If you've got nothing nice to say ..." type thing.

Upvote 0
No, because if you disagree or dislike something you are forced to use your words and open a dialouge. I believe in a productive transparent disagreement where everyone can see both sides.
A dislike button just makes it too easy and open ended for lazy people with nothing worthwhile to add to the forum.

Upvote 0
No, because if you disagree or dislike something you are forced to use your words and open a dialouge. I believe in a productive transparent disagreement where everyone can see both sides.
A dislike button just makes it too easy and open ended for lazy people with nothing worthwhile to add to the forum.
I am reminded of Monty Python's Argument Clinic Skit here...worth looking up if you haven't seen it...:D
Andy

Upvote 0
Like.......I really like likes. Like they are really likable.
I use them to show someone I appreciated their post
without having to write a 47 paragraph dissertation in response.
After the first page of any thread things get redundant quickly.

Not sure about an 'unlike' button.
I mean, look at me. How can you not love this face..............:eek:

Upvote 0
Voted no for the same reason Andy gave. I did like the way they added the :( button to the quick option. So many times someone put up some article that was very sad, and I was glad they put it out but, seemed strange to click "Like" on it. I was glad to see the info but not liking what happened kind of thing if that makes sense?

Upvote 0
To unlike something you just click on it again, but there is no "dislike" feature!
I think the new reactions just about cover this need. I'd like to see a few added or the options be customized.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads