JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Answers in order:

1) new stripped lowers = firearm

2) used stripped lower = firearm

3) Out of state lower "registered" as a pistol = pistol

4) Out of state lower "registered" as a rifle = rifle.

Pistols may go from rifle (>/=16"bbl) or NFA tax-stamped SBR (<16"bbl) and back to a pistol. For instance, I could take my Draco (AK pistol) that I (legally) SBR'd and remove the stock (and mounting trunnion) and it'd be legally considered a pistol while in THAT configuration, then put the stock back on it and it's a (NFA registered) SBR again.

Pretty much once a rifle (or shotgun) from the start, it's always a rifle (or shotgun), it's seemingly just the opposite for a "pistol" or "firearm".
I have a pistol that identifies as a rifle. But I know what it really is. :D

Answers in order:

1) new stripped lowers = firearm

2) used stripped lower = firearm

3) Out of state lower "registered" as a pistol = pistol

4) Out of state lower "registered" as a rifle = rifle.

Pistols may go from rifle (>/=16"bbl) or NFA tax-stamped SBR (<16"bbl) and back to a pistol. For instance, I could take my Draco (AK pistol) that I (legally) SBR'd and remove the stock (and mounting trunnion) and it'd be legally considered a pistol while in THAT configuration, then put the stock back on it and it's a (NFA registered) SBR again.

Pretty much once a rifle (or shotgun) from the start, it's always a rifle (or shotgun), it's seemingly just the opposite for a "pistol" or "firearm".
Ahh good info thx!

For #4 it's seems then that if someone in OR was buying just a lower from out of state they would want to make sure they knew if it was registered as rifle or pistol previously. Something to be aware of.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top