JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of my favorite things to do us to take people who have never been around firearms, or are afraid of firearms, and take them out and introduce them to different types of weapons and activities.

In the last 3 years I've taken at least a dozen different people (who had never fired a gun before) with me to tri-county. Every single one of them has come back with me multiple times and 6-7 of them are on the wait list for membership.

My latest project was a guy I've worked with for years who was "terrified" of guns. I took him out to the action bays and started him with a 22 browning buckmark and by the end of the afternoon he was putting together a pretty decent grouping with my 1911.

The next time we did sporting clays and when he started consistently breaking them, he couldn't wipe the grin off his face.

Today I took him to the 22 shilouette range and after some coaching (and practice) he was hitting steel at 150 yards 8 out of 10 shots.

He called me after he got home and now his wife (another non-shooter) would like to come out with us the next time. As soon as we can coordinate schedules I will start working on my next conversion project.

Share your stories of "conversion" here....

That's interesting I was just talking to a fellow co worker yesterday about this. We were talking and the subject of guns came up and he said he has never even held a gun. Asked him if if he would like to go shooting sometime and he said sure on one condition that I would give him a tutorial on the proper handling of fire arms, I told of coarse I wouldn't take him unless he agreed to that anyway.
I always give proper gun safety to any newbie it's mandatory the more informed they are the better off we all are.
Thanks for starting this thread.

Man i love someone that says they are afraid of guns and then cannot put down the marlin 60 or the sr22. It is amazing to see the smile on their face when they are knocking cans down or when I put a tanerite container out there.

I would not say dozens but a few friends and coworkers are now gun owners due to me taking them out with mine.

Well, I've only "converted" my daughter. She didn't think she'd like shooting the first time I took her. When we were done, the grin on her face told me otherwise.

I had a conversion of sorts myself. After going to the Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot a couple of time, I became aware of my need to own my own machine gun.

Your brave. I try to turn people on to it, but tell them to go take a class and training. Suggest a place to do so.
I hate, hate shooting with people I don't know or have to babysit.
I only get out shooting a half a dozen times a year so I don't want to soend the whole time trying not to get shot on accident.
If I do I give the meaningful speech of barrel control. If you point a gun at me I will assume you want to kill me, and I will act accordingly.

Well, I've only "converted" my daughter. She didn't think she'd like shooting the first time I took her. When we were done, the grin on her face told me otherwise.

I had a conversion of sorts myself. After going to the Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot a couple of time, I became aware of my need to own my own machine gun.

What did you get!

What did you get!
This:
EZP4BUP.jpg?1
It is a SWD M11-9 with a Lage slowfire upper, .22LR conversation, AR stock, and Sightmark holo sight. Runs like a sewing machine. I also have a Coastal suppressor for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top