JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wonder when it's time to begin thinning-out gun collection? In my 80's I may need to begin. Here's my 1st to go... I think! Go from Civil War, WWI, and WWII. 1858  011 R-Side Full.JPG

Guess it depends if your lineage appreciates what you do, otherwise its best sent to a younger collector of fine artifacts.

Indian Wars maybe even Civil War usage by a unit sent to the Western frontier , the 11th Ohio Cavalry comes to mind.
Perhaps sold as surplus after the Civil War and went west....
Hard to say ... at the end of the day , sometimes all you really know is that its an old gun.
Andy
The engraving does not appear good... must have been done by a beginner. Wish I knew the complete history of this confirmed 1863 which ended up, after the Civil War in Montana! Must have been used in the Indian Wars. ???

Half the fun is in the imagining. Love making up backstory for my older guns.
DSC05463.jpg
Here you go...Have fun making up a back story for each of mine... Hope you packed a lunch...:D
Making a backstory is fun ... But I enjoy researching what history I can find for mine.
It can be frustrating at times ...'Cause as I said earlier sometimes all you know for sure is that it is an old gun.
Andy

View attachment 386628
Here you go...Have fun making up a back story for each of mine... Hope you packed a lunch...:D
Making a backstory is fun ... But I enjoy researching what history I can find for mine.
It can be frustrating at times ...'Cause as I said earlier sometimes all you know for sure is that it is an old gun.
Andy
Touche, sir, touche. Ya know, you're the exception to the rule that nobody likes a smart aleck.

Haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet. Almost traded it for a Luger some years back, but the Luger wasn't nice enough. Maybe I'll poke around on GB and see what's happening on value.

Last Edited:
OP hold on as long as you like and let go when your still able to share your story with the gun, only you will know when its time. Beautiful revolver you have there.

Theres a good chance that when Im ready to give up my guns I wont have a family member that will want to inherit them. I have 2 hunting rifles my dad gave me with sentimental value, also Im not rich but am fortunate enough to have afforded 1 quality 1911, a Dan Wesson.

Anything else I acquire Ill sell, but those 3... If I dont have a worthy family descendant, Im going to find some young person probably in their 20s who would love to have them but otherwise couldnt afford them, and just give it to them.

For each on I will write a 1 page story of the gun, its memories and sentiment... And ask the next owner to simply carry on the tradition and hopefully keep them in their family or do the same.

Ill probably handwrite the letter in cursive just to frustrate the future millineal. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top