JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...-her-home-and-50k-in-belongings-gone-n1594203

1 - How did these 'unknown' persons know she was not at home?
2 - Can you up level the security if you rent?
3 - If you are traveling somewhere you can't possess, how can you re-arm before entering?
4 - Security / Camera system may have alerted her sooner than just getting home
5 - Friend/family to check on place, BUT go back to #1. Could they be the leak that let the bad actors in.

Call me paranoid, I always, ALWAYS come in the door ready to greet an uninvited guest. Even if I happened to be unarmed. I live too close to too many drug abusers and homeless not to

Call me paranoid, I always, ALWAYS come in the door ready to greet an uninvited guest. Even if I happened to be unarmed. I live too close to too many drug abusers and homeless not to
#metoo
Same goes for going outside to the car or truck

Speaking of paranoia, I asked the librarian if books about paranoia were available. She looked up and whispered, "They're right behind you".

Self install alarms are cheap and easy to setup. The monthly monitoring fees aren't that bad either. Same with web connected cameras like Wyze.

They are so damn cheap and a lot do not require subscriptions. They will instantly alert you and if you don't live in a crappy area, the cops will take care of them before they can settle in

"Call me paranoid, I always, ALWAYS come in the door ready to greet an uninvited guest."

That's not paranoid. It's paying attention and being prepared. I never leave the house unarmed, ergo I return armed.

People talk and post. Look at me. I'm two states away at Disneyland! I say post and talk about your trip when you get back. Let a trusted person you know check your house while you're gone.

Capt. Obvious, for sure but some people still don't get it. I just spent 4 days away and I was a little paranoid. It's funny, we have a few little neighborhood kids. Whatcha doing? They maybe innocent but love to say what they know.

Last Edited:
Yeah and if it bothers you, you should probably find somewhere to live that wasn't taken by conquest.
Today it's just let's kick our neighbors out of their homes, we need the space. And have the nerve to use religion as the basis for their theft and violence.

Today it's just let's kick our neighbors out of their homes, we need the space. And have the nerve to use religion as the basis for their theft and violence.
Humans have been fighting over territory and land as long as there's been humans. It's just amusing that some people find it trendy to single out Israel and the US and now Russia.

This is why I like dogs.
If we take the dogs with us on a trip, when we get home, the dogs go in first. If we left the dogs home and they're not greeting us at the door. dear wife has phone ready to call 911 as I go in, at low ready.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top