JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Coywolf hybrids are naturally occurring in the North and Northeast... maybe our smart azzhats import some of those.
To solve their non-existent, made up, fantasy herd problem.

And apparently, human herds are ill too... we sure seem to have an influx of predators!!!

If anything there have been more reports of sick deer in the last few years than I ever remember in the past - and before the wolves were 'reintroduced'.

Any animal that is 'reintroduced', and then has to be monitored, tracked and managed to the degree the wolves are cannot be considered a part of the 'ecosystem'.

Quite frankly I find it odd they even are wearing collars. I mean it is possible they could get caught on something, hang themselves etc. I am surprised the hard core wolf lovers/supporters think nothign of this.

All you have to do is bring in some of the coyotes from the golf course in Sun City AZ.
I thought they were German Shepards. :eek:
The border coyotes are pretty high up in the predator chain...

BTW, the wife and I used to snowbird on the Quartzsite AZ LTVA... people were warned, but many dogs/pets got taken by yotes there. One guy I met was letting his Wirehair run at night and wouldn't listen to my warning...next day I saw a "missing dog" poster at the check in kiosk. People are ignorant of the nature of critters and then make stupid decisions.

Meanwhile, here in Union County, the livestock depredations continue. Wolves will just tear up a calf or a herd of sheep. They kill, but don't eat what they kill.

If they want to actually 'control' something out of hand turn cougars into 'varmints' that can be hunted anytime, no limit.

I once spoke to a 'wildlife biologist' who told me after hunting with dogs was eliminated in Oregon the cougar population doubled according to statistics - with the possibility of it tripling.

So to those that are suggesting that reintroducing the wolf is the right thing to do for the deer/elk population...do you think that's why the state took on the venture? Because it isn't. They are doing political things. No different than the damn "Wildhorse Annie" crap that has slowly forced those horses to become an invasive species practically speaking. They have a pretty significant impact on the elk/deer population...the game animals tend to stay away from them. Thus...when BLM drops loads of the damn things in one unit from somewhere else...it drastically changes the ecosystem! Are wild horses native to Oregon? How about north America? No. They went extinct here somewhere around 10k years ago...then were brought back in the 15th century...for thousands of years our eco system was unconcerned with them being gone...likewise with wolves...the cats were doing a fine job all on their own of killing off plenty of our elk/deer before the wolf was re-homed into our region. You will find no sympathy here for those chitters or the wolf...they can go. It's fine.

Wolves are needed?

And how were the herds doing while the wolves were gone? Eh????? (I hunted for many years before the introduction of wolves that are NOT natural here, and never saw a sick animal. The OREGON wolf has been extinct for a long long time.)

Sick animals die. Period. No wolves needed.

Yellowstone report is propaganda. My buddy went near there to hunt elk... no elk, lot's of wolf sightings tho.
It's been a few years ago now but I remember reading what the wolf reintroduction had done to the hunting guides livelihoods in the Southern/South Western part of Montana. I think it was the Yellowstone Park reintroduction and those wolves going out of the park. Clearly the "wolf huggers" don't have any skin in the game. (Pun?) They're just like the anti hatchery fish crowd. They don't give a bubblegum about the recreational/commercial aspect of the salmon/steelhead/big game that brings enjoyment, food and income to many thousand of businesses. Smug PETA bastards!
And speaking of wolf huggers? What about the damage the wolves do to cattle ranchers stock on open range during the summers?

Last Edited:
Wolves are not need at all. Humans can not live with that many apex predator. Yellow stone was in bad shape as they stopped all hunting in the pack and nothing to manage they herds the over ate. There is countless videos of fish and game pushing herds back into the park so hungers wouldn't get them on the other side. The Wolves that they introduced back into oregon are 3 times the size of the ones that existed decades ago. Since the stopped letting us hunt cougar with dogs the population sky rocketed we have the largest cougar population on the west coast. So now Wolves, cougar, and humans herds will see a decline within a few years. The only time we have sick or diseased herds is when they are over populated and seeing the population that hunts and % of successful hunt you could definitely open up hunting more to control the herd sizes. We have adapted to open range cattle herds and are on public land with all these Wolves and cougar kill not only elk and deer but live stock as well. If you think Wolves are needed please open you back fence and let them stay in your back yard and don't leave portland. The Wolves aren't around for a reason and we don't need them to manage herds just start kicking out fish and game officials that won't do their jobs.

It's been a few years ago now but I remember reading what the wolf reintroduction had done to the hunting guides livelihoods in the Southern/South Eastern part of Montana. I think it was the Yellowstone Park reintroduction and those wolves going out of the park.
Yes, this was the case with my buddy. The guide he used had a 100% track record for years and years. My buddy had a bucket list item to spend a week with them hunting the edge of the park. Spent a week hunting hard, but saw no elk, only wolves. That guide went out of business.

a guy I know was elk hunting the year before last, I don't remember which unit. anyway he said that his party of 8 saw wolves every day and that the only elk seen was being fed on by wolves. when asked why they didn't shoot the wolves he said there was a warden on every ridgetop, he said he had never seen so many game cops in one place in his life.

That's my foot for scale. Size 11....thats not an old diseased deer...but I'm sure those poor poor predators were real hungry...they left some of the stomach in a nice linear fashion from that deers tail out toward the left about 30ft. I have hunted murderers creek unit a few years. My family has for decades. Heard our first wolf howl about 200 yards from camp on night 1.

20211110_100600.jpg

It has been a few years since i camped over in the Wallowas and heard the Imnaha pack howling at night.
We talked to the camp host and he said to be careful hiking around the lake. Several wolves had been spotted recently. I did indeed find sign of wolves. During my talk with the old guy he said the elk herds had been devastated in the area due to wolf depredation.

My opinion is we dont need another apex predator in the woods, especially one that is not native to the area. I find at least 3-4 cat kills a year while in the woods. Some years more.

Folks tell hunters that we need wolves to manage herds. Where is the proof?
The herds of game animals were doing fine before a non native apex predator was introduced.

If the wolves migrate to an area naturally from say Idaho, i am okay with that. Nature is doing its thing. But to introduce non native species, it is just retarded.

they say that a cougar will kill one deer or young elk per week, they also say that there are approx 7500 cougars in the state. "do the math" that number is unsustainable. period. now add wolf kills of which nobody seems to have a number for. now add in what hunters take. at this rate the deer and elk both should be wiped out in short order. our tax and odfw dollars at work!!

they say that a cougar will kill one deer or young elk per week, they also say that there are approx 7500 cougars in the state. "do the math" that number is unsustainable. period. now add wolf kills of which nobody seems to have a number for. now add in what hunters take. at this rate the deer and elk both should be wiped out in short order. our tax and odfw dollars at work!!
Adult cougars they don't count juvenile cougars lol. Numbers are way off

Aren't game numbers managed by, you ready for this?..."HUNTERS!" And hunters pay into the system in all kinds of ways. At least I thought that was the way it works.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top