JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rabbit season opens September 1. I've tried the Vancouver Lake (Shillapoo) area without luck. It seems like great rabbit habitat with the numerous great blackberry bush islands.

Does anyone know of places in or around Clark County? It would be nice to meet up for some rabbit hunting too.

Thanks.

1691336500468.png

1691336629341.png

1691336596000.png

Aloha, Mark

PS.......
1691336710725.png

BTW.....I live in a residential area of Vancouver (on the east side) and about a month ago I saw a pair of rabbits running around freely in the front yard of a neighbor. I saw them on two occasions. My GF even saw them and wondered what they were and why they were loose if they were "pets". BUT, But, but....they had the typical brownish fur colors not the typical white fur of a pet rabbit. Anyway.....there were no more sightings after that.

I wonder?!?! Nah.....too many houses around here.

Aloha, Mark

I live in the SW corner of Vancouver and see them often all over the neighborhood. Sometimes two at a time on my front lawn.

So naturally when I go out to hunt them around Vancouver Lake, I don't see any.

Rabbit season opens September 1. I've tried the Vancouver Lake (Shillapoo) area without luck. It seems like great rabbit habitat with the numerous great blackberry bush islands.

Does anyone know of places in or around Clark County? It would be nice to meet up for some rabbit hunting too.

Thanks.
That does sound like good habitat.
Those critters are nocturnal so they were probably sleeping it off inside the briar patches as you walked by.
A good dog will kick them out.

Every few years we get a scattering of rabbits out here east of Battle Ground, most of the time I just don't see them. Thinking coyotes, hawks and the occasional owl get them. Around the time we moved out here, there were a few feral rabbits, but they're long gone.

Years ago, sometime in the 80s, there was a wabbit epidemic in E OR and Idaho. They had bounties, wabbit drives, poison, etc.

Haven't seen that level in awhile.

While walking the neighborhood (the other week) I ran into this little guy. Too close to the house for shooting though.

1693877525386.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
BTW.....I live in a residential area of Vancouver (on the east side) and about a month ago I saw a pair of rabbits running around freely in the front yard of a neighbor. I saw them on two occasions. My GF even saw them and wondered what they were and why they were loose if they were "pets". BUT, But, but....they had the typical brownish fur colors not the typical white fur of a pet rabbit. Anyway.....there were no more sightings after that.

I wonder?!?! Nah.....too many houses around here.

Aloha, Mark
That's awesome that you only saw two. My folks have hundreds of them everywhere. Crapping all over and eating the lawn killing everything. Also in a neighborhood

That's awesome that you only saw two. My folks have hundreds of them everywhere. Crapping all over and eating the lawn killing everything. Also in a neighborhood
Yeah two. And then they have babies.

I wonder if an air gun hunt would be acceptable? Of course, with permission or if it were on YOUR OWN land.

Aloha, Mark

PS........

BUT, But, but.....they sometimes "squeal" awful loudly when hit/dying.

Yeah two. And then they have babies.

I wonder if an air gun hunt would be acceptable? Of course, with permission or if it were on YOUR OWN land.

Aloha, Mark
They live outside city limits. Probably totally fine. However there are some rules about discharging air guns. In some places it's just as bad as discharging a firearm.

When I was younger and lived with them I popped a couple of them ha ha.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top