JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I still wanna know more about the scopes. What's on it now? What was the 21 year old and do you still have it? o_O

The 21 year old red dot is an eotech I think - it's taped in a box that says "Do not ever use this on a real gun again":D. It was a present from my paintball days - almost went pro but then my daughter was born and priorities kicked in.

The scope on it is a 3x9. Great glass and reticle. It's a vortex diamondback I believe.

Haven't shot past 100 yards but it's nice for that distance.

I think a better trigger will reduce the group down from 3" significantly. That and getting some more shooting time with it.

Although it was dropping them in the same hole at 25 yards.

The 21 year old red dot is an eotech I think - it's taped in a box that says "Do not ever use this on a real gun again":D. It was a present from my paintball days - almost went pro but then my daughter was born and priorities kicked in.

The scope on it is a 3x9. Great glass and reticle. It's a vortex diamondback I believe.

Haven't shot past 100 yards but it's nice for that distance.

I think a better trigger will reduce the group down from 3" significantly. That and getting some more shooting time with it.

Although it was dropping them in the same hole at 25 yards.
Ah, the Vortex is good. A trigger might help a little, but you can also practice with it instead. I'm so used to 10 pound triggers all other triggers feel like they don't exist! :eek:

The scope is a Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 in a Nikon AR-223 one piece mount. Well, at least that's what it looks like from the pictures. :)

Joe,
Before you spend a lot of money on a, "Drop in" trigger. Try the $3.00 trigger job. :eek:
With the fire control group removed, take off the hand grip and finish taping the grip screw hole into the lower receiver. Reinstall the fire control group and run a 1/4" set screw into the hole until it makes contact and removes the infamous, "Trigger Creep". Use a tooth pick to put a dab of Loc-Tite on the set screw and reassemble. It's cheap and makes a world of difference.:)

Joe,
Before you spend a lot of money on a, "Drop in" trigger. Try the $3.00 trigger job. :eek:
With the fire control group removed, take off the hand grip and finish taping the grip screw hole into the lower receiver. Reinstall the fire control group and run a 1/4" set screw into the hole until it makes contact and removes the infamous, "Trigger Creep". Use a tooth pick to put a dab of Loc-Tite on the set screw and reassemble. It's cheap and makes a world of difference.:)

1/4x28 tap IIRC.

yellow JP springs, a good sear polish and a setscrew make for a decent AR trigger for sure.

Well, if you ordered the parts online the obvious name would be Mail Call...

It's good to see people building things, and being constructive.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top