JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I have been running wireless cam's on my house now for 2 years and have some experience also with the wireless bridges.. Let me see if I can help you out..

For the DVR system, I use BlueIris, it supports up to 64 cams and will work with analog cameras if you have a card in your computer for them, you seem fairly techie which is good for these setups. The blueiris software will record locally on your pc and then if you want can upload to a ftp site or a nas thats on your network also. As some of the guys said, if you could POE to the cameras around your shop and then wireless bridge those over to the house that would probably be the best situation, I have spend quite a bit of time looking at the next camera setup going into my house so let me share some links and why I chose them.

Current Setup:
Foscam FI9831PB - Recently picked this camera up as a replacement to the one I had in the house, it makes quite a difference over the older camera I had, this is a 960p camera and does quite well in the house, I attached two photos from this cam, one right now at midnight, no lights on and the other is mid-day.
https://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI983...ie=UTF8&qid=1476256815&sr=1-4&keywords=foscam

This camera is pretty close to my router and so I get roughly 15fps out of it and no bandwidth issues at all, I had a cheaper outdoor camera which is out of service right now (I broke the mount) which I had sitting out in front of the cars, It worked ok but it would drop signal regularly, It was mounted outside of the house with WIFI and would drop constantly.

Here is something I setup for a few buddies recently and would work really well for your wireless bridge issue, These are about 110 bucks and would be more than powerful enough to make the bridge between your shop and house, and then I would suggest a POE switch in the shop which you can then run to the outside cameras.

Engenuis wireless bridge
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...rd_wg=mJGS2&psc=1&refRID=D3BN7JZ91N08D8H0TCPG

Trendnet 4x poe switch
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QYEN1...olid=2395ANE2JV6L0&coliid=IPKFUTQSJ5NXO&psc=1

One thing to note about the foscam camera's I recently got an email from them saying they are moving into a new line of cameras Armcrest, as there are to many chinese knock offs with their name out there. They will be the next brand that I buy and I am getting really close to buying a new outdoor dome style camera for the cars.

Amcrest dome camera that I want for the cars.
https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Outd...e=UTF8&qid=1476257525&sr=1-6&keywords=amcrest

day.JPG Night.JPG

Something to keep in mind about the hanging dome cameras... You can only see the horizon when zoomed all the way out. They need to be mounted up high. Above the first floor (8'-10' or higher) . Some are better than others but all hang down and don't rotate upward. I have mine mounted just under the eve and it is barely high enough. Zoomed in I am limited to 20' or so. It would be better mounted at the peak of a gable end, but that was not an option for me.

I didnt keep any screen shots of my old bullet cam that I had, but like your talking about it was mounted above the garage door up as far as I could get it, but I am pretty sure it had something like a 70ish degree field of view, the amcrest one that I mentioend in the bottom of my post has a 100 degree field of view and is also PTZ (Thank God) it really sucked to put up a 14ft ladder and keep trying to adjust it from my phone to get it right...

Wireless:

Ubiqity (spelling error) has some great range extension products to bounce so glam from point A to point B. Power at the source of the cameras and transmit data wirelessly.

Wireless:

Ubiqity (spelling error) has some great range extension products to bounce so glam from point A to point B. Power at the source of the cameras and transmit data wirelessly.
Slightly off topic, but I'm a network tech and I can vouch for the quality of Ubiquiti products.
They're unusual and slightly less simple to set up in some cases, especially their wireless access points, but other than that, legit hardware with excellent support.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top